Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Man allegedly slaps child on a plane and tell's mother to shut that n***er child up!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 32 Replies

The shocking February 8 incident aboard Delta Airlines Flight 721 resulted in Joe Rickey Hundley, 60, being charged with simple assault, according to a U.S. District Court affidavit. Hundley, seen at right, is president of an aircraft parts manufacturer headquartered in Hayden, Idaho.

In an interview, Hundley denied striking the toddler or using a racial slur, though he did acknowledge that he “asked the mother to quiet the child.” Hundley, who said he was traveling to Atlanta to visit a hospitalized relative, described himself as “distraught” on the flight, during which he said he consumed a single alcoholic drink.

As detailed by FBI Agent Daron Cheney, Hundley was traveling to Atlanta from Minneapolis in seat 28A on the MD-90 twin-engine jet. He was seated next to Jessica Bennett, who shared seat 28B with her son Jonah.

Bennett, 33, told investigators that the “aircraft was in final descent” to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport when her child “started to cry due to the altitude change.” Bennett added that she “was trying to get [her son] to stop crying, but he continued.”

At this point, Bennett recalled, Hundley used the racial epithet as he told her to shut the child up. He then allegedly “turned around and slapped” the toddler in the face “with an open hand, which caused the juvenile victim to scream even louder.” The slap, Bennett said, “caused a scratch below [the child’s] right eye.”

hundleyAfter Hundley hit the child, Agent Cheney reported, Bennett received assistance from several other passengers, including Todd Wooten, who was in seat 16C. Wooten told agents that he “heard derogatory language coming from the rear of the aircraft” and got up to investigate. “According to Mr. Wooten,” Cheney noted, “he saw Joe Rickey Hundley strike” the toddler.

Bennett told TSG that she believed Hundley was intoxicated when he boarded the plane, adding that he “reeked of alcohol” and was “stumbling around wasted.” Bennett, who was traveling to a family funeral, said that Hundley drank several double vodkas during the two-hour flight and complained to her that her adopted son, seen at left, was too big to be a “lap baby.” Bennett’s Facebook profile photo shows her holding Jonah when he was a baby.

Hundley was charged this week with simple assault, according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court in Atlanta. If convicted of the misdemeanor count, he faces a maximum of one year in prison. [source]

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
0Kit0
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this
A drink. That's a lie before you hear it if the person is admitting to it. I would be in jail had it happened to me.

And what avout child abuse or endangerment of child welfare or a hate crime,something!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Lock him up no excuses for him, no popping him on the wrist lock him up. and he should be charged with more than that.  This is getting ridiculous and authorities aren't doing much about it.  Shes white with a black baby and this man didnt like that.  If a mom slapped her baby she would be charged with child abuse that should be added to his charges as well. She handled it very maturely. On the other hand i have grown as a woman, but i would have been all over him, but if she would have done that they would have charged her and he would be walking off drunk scott free.

krisdev67
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

That man is lucky he didn't get his ass beat on that plane.  Cause had that been my child I would have snapped twice.

Quoting 0Kit0:

A drink. That's a lie before you hear it if the person is admitting to it. I would be in jail had it happened to me.

And what avout child abuse or endangerment of child welfare or a hate crime,something!

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:54 PM
12 moms liked this
Where's the part where mom slapped his ass back?! Because that's EXACTLY what would have happened if that was my child. SMH! I'm not going to sit here and pretend I would be the bigger person in this situation. He needs to be locked up.
krisdev67
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I know that shit's right.  Man I would have fucked his ass up over that one.  Hit MY child, MY child.  Ummm no you don't sir.  Both of us would have been in jail.  No wait, I would have been in jail and he would have been in the hospital or morgue cause...oh, smh

Quoting moosesmom:

Where's the part where mom slapped his ass back?! Because that's EXACTLY what would have happened if that was my child. SMH! I'm not going to sit here and pretend I would be the bigger person in this situation. He needs to be locked up.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:29 PM
8 moms liked this

All I can say is "I WISH A MUTHERF*CKER WOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" excuse my french

mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Exactly!! They would have to get me off that motherfucker!! You touch my child it's on & popping!!!

Quoting moosesmom:

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM
HUH??!?? he's locked up right
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

They better have law authories waiting on my a$$, once the plane landed, because 'ol shit head would have some serious bruises to his face!  I don't excuse drinking liquor, either.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:40 PM
5 moms liked this
Oh HELL NAWL! This story ended all types of wrong! This son of a bastard slapped this child, left a mark on this child, and called him a nigger and his ass walked off the MF'n plane? FUCK OUTTA HERE! Again I say OH HELL NAWL! Air marshalls would've been tasering my ass to get me up off his bitch ass and whole time I would've been hollering "shut the fuck up you little cracker!" Matter of fact, soon as his punk ass looked at me talking about my child was to big to be a lap child he would've got handled "yeah, he might be, but your bitch ass ain't to big to get chopped in the THOAT. Now say something else to me!"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN