Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Is it Appropriate? Come on be honest.

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

Is is appropriate to ask the person in your life how many sexual partners they have had?  Has your partner or a ex partner asked you? Were you honest or did you tell them a number you thought they wanted to hear?  Personally i feel rather hes been with 1 woman or 50 women it was before me, and its not really my business. As long as health wise he has taken care of himself and i have taken care of myself. The past is the past, Dh and i have had this talk, but its not important to me.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookin_mama665
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this is a little inappropriate.  Do you really want to know?  I mean what if the answer is 200? LOL!!!

However, I think it's appropriate to ask if they have been with a male, ever tested positive for HIV, been indulging in reckless sexual behavior, or think they have or have been exposed to any STD. IJS

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I have asked and been asked by my husband and told him their names and the number and him the same in the end this was the man I married so for me it was no big deal and I didn't see it as Inappropriate at  all.

CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this

We've talked about exes, but neither of us has asked the number.  I probably have more than him, but whatever.  We're both clean, tested and together.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I have asked and been asked. I don't see a problem with it personally and yes I'm honest because I'm not ashamed of the # of men I have slept with. Its a low # and I plan on stopping at a certain number anyways.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

mrsary
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I have NEVER told my ex h or boyfriends how many men I have been with. I usually go with saying less than 10... umm yeah right. I don't ask the men how many they have had either. I always assume a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I agree 1000%. Some years ago, I had a friend whom would not allow me to divulge that type of info to him (eventhough my number at the time was 1). At first I did not understand. But in hindsight, I realize that with men it messes their whole psychy up about the woman they are interested in. But it is okay if they have been with multiple partners. lol. For me I would not want to know how many partners because that has nothing to do with the present.

Quoting MomRocs1102:

Is is appropriate to ask the person in your life how many sexual partners they have had?  Has your partner or a ex partner asked you? Were you honest or did you tell them a number you thought they wanted to hear?  Personally i feel rather hes been with 1 woman or 50 women it was before me, and its not really my business. As long as health wise he has taken care of himself and i have taken care of myself. The past is the past, Dh and i have had this talk, but its not important to me.

Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I never told my dh but he told me. I didn't ask and I didn't appreciate it. It was the month before we got married and I told him it was just tacky. To me it felt like he was trying to start a problem. I know it that doesn't make sense, but... I had an ex tell me he never wanted to know. I suppose it depends on the people in the relationship.

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM

he hasnt asked & I never asked...would anyone really tell the truth?It doesnt matter as long im the only one now...i just hope its not some outrageous number if I ever found out bc that would really f**k with me...lol

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Well....hmm....no, I wouldn't ask, because I just don't wanna know. Anyone who came before me is really none of my business, unless they had a child together or something like that.

Because I would be highly insulted if someone took it upon themselves to ask me how many people I've slept with.

navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:02 AM
I wouldn't call it inappropriate, but I would says its pointless to ask someone that if they are already seeing each other and in a relationship.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN