Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Putting in my 2 week notice... Advice? **PIOG**

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I'm thinking about putting in my 2 week notice at Walmart. I work there fro 9pm to 6am and then the other job I work from either 7 or 8am until 3:30pm. So I get about 3 or 4 hours of a sleep a day. Even though my day job is working from home for a call center, after working all night at my one job I'm exhausted and need  sleep. I don't know if I actually will or whether I'll just suck it up but I'm wearing thin.

I'm thinking about putting in my 2 week notice at my Walmart. They went from giving me 2 or 3 weeks off to putting me on the schedule 40 hours a week for the next 3 weeks. I have no time to myself or for my son anymore. Any advice on how to put it in? I have never given a job a 2 week notice before. Usually something jumps off and I just walk out and don't go back lol

I like this job though so I don't want to do them like that. So... Any advice on how to submit my 2 week notice? Thanks ladies.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyV
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Attention:  insert boss's name

I am writing this to inform you that I am giving you my two weeks notice effectve (insert date).  I would like to thank you for the opportunity to have worked for this company and the experience that I gained as a result.

Respectfully,

Your name

Back in college I worked at a pizza restaurant and wrote something similar to this.  It doesn't have to be fancy.  Google "2 week notice" examples if mine really isn't your style.  Good luck!

queensweet
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I would put it in a letter and if you have the email to the store manager, I would also send him a letter of resignation. This will help you to cover your a$$ just in case you want to go back and they try to say you did not give proper notice.

I understand where you are coming from with the hours. That is a whole lot and eventually you are going to start having problems with your health like colds that will be hard to get rid of.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Thanks.

Quoting KrissyV:

Attention:  insert boss's name

I am writing this to inform you that I am giving you my two weeks notice effectve (insert date).  I would like to thank you for the opportunity to have worked for this company and the experience that I gained as a result.

Respectfully,

Your name

Back in college I worked at a pizza restaurant and wrote something similar to this.  It doesn't have to be fancy.  Google "2 week notice" examples if mine really isn't your style.  Good luck!

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Yea it is hard. The hours are just too much.

Quoting queensweet:

I would put it in a letter and if you have the email to the store manager, I would also send him a letter of resignation. This will help you to cover your a$$ just in case you want to go back and they try to say you did not give proper notice.

I understand where you are coming from with the hours. That is a whole lot and eventually you are going to start having problems with your health like colds that will be hard to get rid of.

mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM
why not stop the call center? Are you sure the at home job will last?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:13 AM

See I was thinking that BUT the thing is when Walmart starts cutting hours again and I'm only working 4 days in a 2 week period my check goes straight to gas just to get there and back as well as taking my son to school.

With the call center even if they cut my hours I'm still at home so I'm not losing anything besides pay (if that makes sense?)

Quoting mspecan_tan:

why not stop the call center? Are you sure the at home job will last?

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM
What call center do you work for, because I've been looking for something like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I work from home for the call center. The center itself is called Alpine Access. The company I work for through them is CIGNA Dental. I work for the dental company taking calls from reps and customers. Most people think when I say I work from home that I can do whatever I want but its a job just like any other. I clock in and clock out and I get paid every 2 weeks.

Quoting .Peaches.:

What call center do you work for, because I've been looking for something like that.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM
That would be great for me as a SAHM to earn some extra income. I have 1 DD who won't be going to school for another year, and daycare isn't an option because its too expensive.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I work from home for the call center. The center itself is called Alpine Access. The company I work for through them is CIGNA Dental. I work for the dental company taking calls from reps and customers. Most people think when I say I work from home that I can do whatever I want but its a job just like any other. I clock in and clock out and I get paid every 2 weeks.

Quoting .Peaches.:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I have always submitted a resignation in writing and addressed the letter to my supervisor.  I have always had office positions.  But even if I didn't, no matter what the job position, I would always send a formal resignation letter. The saying "it's a small world" is true in my county.  A formal resignation letter leaves more of a positivie lasting impression that you left on good terms and are professional no matter what the position.  When people talk in management and they happen to know someone in management who works at your previous job, they will be more likely to say positive / good things about you. 

When I left my last job of 11 years to work at my current one, management already knew I was leaving and where I was going to be working before I told anyone.  Someone at my new job may have told management at my old company that I applied there and got the job.  It's a good thing that I left my job even during the exit interview on good terms.  You never want to burn any bridges, just in case for any reason you may need to go back to that job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)