Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

would you

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

if someone you never ever talked to but worked with invited you to their kids b-day party would you go? They never spoke to you prior to having kids, would you go? I would feel like they just want me to get presents for their kids because they think I got money or to see where I am in life.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope, my question would be "why now" IMO some people do things like that for a seat filler/gifts like you said
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Probably not
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  I always take it that if you can't be bothered to say boo to me at work, then don't invite me to your baby shower, kids birthdays, or your wedding because I'll decline the invite and I WON'T be wasting my money on a gift.  I feel people only do that for the gifts.

rayroe2
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM
2 moms liked this

right you will waste 2mins to invite me so most likely, I will just come for free food and give you a card with a dollar LOL

Quoting SunFlower700:

No.  I always take it that if you can't be bothered to say boo to me at work, then don't invite me to your baby shower, kids birthdays, or your wedding because I'll decline the invite and I WON'T be wasting my money on a gift.  I feel people only do that for the gifts.

Simply3
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM

No I wouldn't go

WanziesMommie
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM
No I wouldn't go, but it wouldn't be because i thought that they were inviting me just so they will receive gifts for their child..
But that is kinda sad that ppl are that way with not a thought to it
cookin_mama665
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I would not go. 

LadyNes
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Don't take it on the child,but have your child do a nice dollar tree package. That is how it was for me when I was single,use to buy nice jcp. Gifts that were unique to everyone else. When I became pregnant and had a hard time,people not got mines,barely air. I can count on my hand outside the organizations who did for mine.
diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM
No I wouldn't.
truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:35 AM

No. I experienced this with my neighbor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN