Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Any Natural Haired Mamas Out There???

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 41 Replies
2 moms liked this

Can I see your hair????

I'm so excited. I did a BC on 7 Jan 13. Right now I'm pulling a 24hr duty and I've been looking at hair videos ALL day. This is not my first time going natural, but I just feel so... new for lack of better words lol.

I know people don't like to get into the hair chart, but I am a 4c and FINALLY proud of it. I am very interested in the stretching techniques and different creative updos and protective styles.

Do you have a specific hair routine? When I was natural before I made my own moisturizer:

In a spray bottle I put water, glycerin, honey and the "knot today" leave in conditioner. It kept my hair extremely soft and manageable. Do you have any home-made concoctions?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had locs for the last 3 years, I've been natural for 6. No special routine, I just wash and moisturize/oil my hair as needed.

I pretty much did the same thing when my hair was loose. I make my own products (mostly), but I did love Pantene Pro-V hair mask for curly hair....it left my hair very soft and managebale, and my curls bouncy and shiny. Best of all, it wasn't expensive- $8 or $9. For protective styles, I would twist and just wear it in updos.

Banding works well to stretch hair without heat.

Babujai
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM
4 moms liked this

This is my big fro-hawk:

I have a lot of hair recipes, but I haven't made anything but flax seed gel yet.  My daily applications are water and coconut oil.

Luvmyfam7
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the pic! I love it!

Quoting Babujai:

This is my big fro-hawk:

I have a lot of hair recipes, but I haven't made anything but flax seed gel yet.  My daily applications are water and coconut oil.

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I just scrapoed my routine. I think im protein sensitive now. But ive been natural for 3 years. I love it. I tried a fro jawk the other day but it was an EPIC FAIL!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nhismage
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm just 4 months in on this 2nd time around. As you stated, it feels new this time. I'm starting to get into making my own products but for now I use, water olive oil and "Olive, curling pudding"
afrocolombia
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

"In a spray bottle put water, glycerin, honey and" Knot Today "leave-in conditioner. Keeps hair very soft and manageable."

Thanks for the I started using it and is excellent for hair weave inclisive too.

Do you have any homemade concoctions?

A ripe banana mask that cleanses the hair and scalp very well.

Crush one or two bananas and then spread throughout hair after washing, leave 20 minutes and rinse. Plátano liquefy preferably with a little water to avoid tear hair when removing the mask. Use 2 times a week.

_ClearFruit_
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I don't have a rountie. I actucally have been lazy with my hair. Which is why its breaking off pretty badly

afrocolombia
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

This is also very good. Coconut oil should not smell and if it fails then buy pure coconut milk

ingredients:

4 tablespoons of coconut oil

2 tablespoons honey

(this amount can be bent depending on the density of ingredients)

http://sidibeauty.blogspot.com/2012/09/mascarillas-caseras-para-fortalecer-el.html

procedure:

Mix the ingredients in a bowl and heat in a water bath. Apply this mask on your hair warm pre-washed and towel dried. After the mask evenly distribute head, covered with a plastic cap and leave on for at least 20 min.

Clarify with water and comb as usual.

afrocolombia
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I forgot to tell you that this link is in Spanish but you can translate with google. There are several tips for Afro hair care

http://sidibeauty.blogspot.com/2012/09/mascarillas-caseras-para-fortalecer-el.html

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

not over this way, relaxed and loving it..but I'll bump this for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN