Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Do you still listen to Chris Brown music?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm not really interested in Chris Brown's music in particular, but more about any singer that behaves badly.  Does an artist's behaviour ever get so bad you can't listen to their work anymore? 

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM
11 moms liked this
I still listen to his music. His personal life is just that his personal life and he is human. That has nothing to do with his music!!! He'll I still listen to r Kelly because he is a musical genius!!! His personal issues have nothing to do with the music!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Simply3
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I have never been a big fan of his, so I didn't really listen to his music but he is a great performer. If I like the music then I will listen to it regardless of their personal life.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I couldn't have said it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Chris and Robert and until I get tired of their music I will continue to listen. I couldn't get a crap what he did in his personal life just like he dont care what I do in mine.

Quoting nikabear:

I still listen to his music. His personal life is just that his personal life and he is human. That has nothing to do with his music!!! He'll I still listen to r Kelly because he is a musical genius!!! His personal issues have nothing to do with the music!!!

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Yes, I still enjoy his music.

I haven't been able to "like" R.Kelly's new music since his molestation case. Other than that I typically don't judge an artists music by their behaviors.

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
6 moms liked this

I still like chris browns music and that incident didn't stop me from listening.One because I have brothers and I seen what women can do.Two there are plenty of artist who do some real bad stuff and it doesn't stop people from listening to them. Snoop was on trial for murder did that stop fans nope and jayz hit a girl in the face and you don't see people getting up in arms about that or not buying his albums..nope.Also chris brown never got to say what happened so the only side heard was hers. There are three sides his hers and the truth and as far as it goes with me...Hers was the only one heard

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I was never a fan of his. I've heard a few songs but I've never bought an album and I surely can't sing along to anything. Lol.

It depends on what the behavior is and how bad it is. For instance...Kanye West. I WAS a fan of his music. However he could show some humility. There's a difference between being confident in who you are and just being...like him. Lol. Total turn-off. I'm just interested in his music anymore or anything he does or says.
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never been too big of a fan, especially since that song No Bullshit.. that kinda really turned me off. i think that I would try to put forth more of an effort to not turn the station when his music comes on if his behaviour was a bit more mature.. he seems like an angry child to me. sometimes an artists' real persona comes out in their art..(which it should) when its childish/malicious/ignorant, that I can't support
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM

yes

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

DON'T SAY NOTHING BAD ABOUT K DUB.

Quoting moosesmom:

I was never a fan of his. I've heard a few songs but I've never bought an album and I surely can't sing along to anything. Lol.

It depends on what the behavior is and how bad it is. For instance...Kanye West. I WAS a fan of his music. However he could show some humility. There's a difference between being confident in who you are and just being...like him. Lol. Total turn-off. I'm just interested in his music anymore or anything he does or says.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't agree more! I don't take what celebs do in their personal lives to heart. Thats like how soooooo many people get wrapped up in rumours about celebs! Really? Like they know 100% that it really happend? I know CB incicdent was Not a rumour! But I am speaking about other celebs,Will&Jada in their "spilt up" to their allegedly open marriage. Jay&Bey illumanti foolishness! Which no one tell me one fact about illumanti except what they heard from rumours! And none of it makes sense!*smh*

Quoting Stacey1081975:

I couldn't have said it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Chris and Robert and until I get tired of their music I will continue to listen. I couldn't get a crap what he did in his personal life just like he dont care what I do in mine.

Quoting nikabear:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN