Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Was it my imagination? I think not!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

I walked into one of my training sessions a few weeks ago and said "Good morning" to the two brothas and three white women whom were present. And no one said anything back, so I just thought that no one heard me (eventhough I was loud enough) since they were talking. Eventually I noticed that one of the brothas (the instructor) was directing his eye contact and teaching more towards everyone else than me. And of course I was actively participating in which he would look towards me and then quickly back to them. It wasn't until towards the end of the class sessions that the two brothas and the three white women started talking a little bit more to me. Yes! interesting.

You know, at first I thought it was my imagination but when I thought about I realized the magnitude of how divided the Black community is especially when it comes to our men leaning more to women whom do not look like us. But if I or any other sista did anything like this, we would have been treated like sell outs and might even been called out on it. smdh.

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow.. All I can do is shake my head.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I feel you. It is what it is. lol. 

Quoting ayacocca:

Wow.. All I can do is shake my head.

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM
My children father text me a picture of his white girlfriend. So I can visually be blessed by her beauty. Eh! She look average to me.He claim she a man magnet. If this is true? She can find someone better than his raggedy ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Eh
queensweet
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM

lol. Don't even feed into it. I have noticed that when they get white women, they like to show their a$$ and think they are the sh**. smdh.

Quoting hopealways4019:

My children father text me a picture of his white girlfriend. So I can visually be blessed by her beauty. Eh! She look average to me.He claim she a man magnet. If this is true? She can find someone better than his raggedy ass.

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I'm not feeding into it, its just laughable how they put these white girls on a pedestal. Just like the media. And yes he think they all that!

Quoting queensweet:

lol. Don't even feed into it. I have noticed that when they get white women, they like to show their a$$ and think they are the sh**. smdh.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I am glad you decided to be the bigger person. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against other races of women. Just like us, a lot of them are all that and having going on. The point I was making is how Black men act towards Black women when the other women are around. lol. smdh. The reason why there Black a$$es are here in the first place is because of a Black women brought them into this world. Oh well. I got to keep my people in prayer.

Quoting hopealways4019:

I'm not feeding into it, its just laughable how they put these white girls on a pedestal. Just like the media. And yes he think they all that!

Quoting queensweet:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Yeah it happens.

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Eh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN