Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

MOM FILED MY DAUGHTER ON TAX RETURN BUT NOW SHE ISNT WILLING TO HELP ME GET A CAR!!!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:37 AM
  • 14 Replies
I gave my mom permission to filed my daughter the agreement was that she was going to help me get a car before she filed my daughter she was just going to get 1, 400 by herself and then when she added my daughter it went up to 5, 775 she is not willing to help me get a car she ran off with my aunt its sad how greed can turn you into a monster.My 4 year old and I have walked in the hot sun and in the cold I helped her get that money How can I get my money. Things with my mom has been so messy you would put money before your child and on top of everything she is laying to her famliy saying that I was taking money out of her account and they know you have to have Id to withdraw money from your account. I thought my mom loved me its really starting to show that she dont I help her pay her bills my boyfriend takes her around she left with her sister that didnt give a fuck about her but she can choose her sister over me this is all because of money. Im done with my mom she let her family disrespect me and I would never let anyone disrespect my daughter espically if their not doing shit for me.How much from the 5, 775 Do I suppose to get I just want a car so I can get a job and move my sister put her in debt and I agreed to help her pay her bills I will go to hell and back for my mom but she would throw me to the wolves and it hurts so bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

What you can do is file a paper return, where you claim your daughter. Realize in that doing this, you'll both be subject to an audit. She'll probably be asked to return the money she got back for your DD, especially if its found she didn't fill out a certain form that requires your signature (I forget the name of the form). It will take you longer to get your refund back on a paper form though.

If you and your mother had this conversation previously, and she flipped the script, then I wouldn't even be worrying about the fact that she's my mom- she doesn't have any problem throwing you under the bus.

Question though: why did she claim your DD instead of you?

grandmotherof6
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I am very sorry to hear that, next time put it in writing have her to sign the agreement , then if she fell thru take her to small court,  you can get a job without a car, try to get a job on the bus line, then just save some money for a nice down paymeny,  a lot of family members fall out over money,  Mother's, daughters, sisiters, brother, uncle, etc. don't loan money to them just give it to them if you can afford to part with it, if you can not, then don't give family your money.  My went to jail for and he called me to bond him out and like a fool, I didangrythen that sucker was to pay me that Friday, when I went to his house he was gambling, I ask him for my money he want to jump on me. He never payed me, but he went back to jail a week later, he called me, I just reminded him he never pay my money back the last time, so I left his ass in jailyou rock

MummiMayI
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Quoting .Peaches.:

What you can do is file a paper return, where you claim your daughter. Realize in that doing this, you'll both be subject to an audit. She'll probably be asked to return the money she got back for your DD, especially if its found she didn't fill out a certain form that requires your signature (I forget the name of the form). It will take you longer to get your refund back on a paper form though.

If you and your mother had this conversation previously, and she flipped the script, then I wouldn't even be worrying about the fact that she's my mom- she doesn't have any problem throwing you under the bus.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats just foul... I wish you the best.

VADIVA23
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I dont have a job so I let her file so I could get a car I was attending school full time thats the reason why I let her file .I wish now that I never did I suppose to be getting a check from school so I will just get a car with that it hurts being that its my mom I would want something better for my daughter I dont understand why she dont want something for me.

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM

smdh. That's some BS! Are you sure we don't have the same mother?!?! lol. All jokes aside. I don't like talking bad about someone's mother but I must speak the truth. Anytime your mother would do something like that just goes to show she ain't sh**! There is a saying.."no one does you like family does you". You might want to just cut your losses and consider this as a learning experience. You can also report it to the IRS because this is not personal, it's strictly business! And for now on you would want to carry this way with family and nonfamily.

queensweet
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Because she is all about thy self and not for thy cause.  

Quoting VADIVA23:

I dont have a job so I let her file so I could get a car I was attending school full time thats the reason why I let her file .I wish now that I never did I suppose to be getting a check from school so I will just get a car with that it hurts being that its my mom I would want something better for my daughter I dont understand why she dont want something for me.

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting .Peaches.:

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Quoting VADIVA23:

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting .Peaches.:

If you want your money, I repeat- report her, because I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate to do the same to you. If you let her get away with this, honestly, its like telling her its ok to take advantage of you. Like someone else said, its not personal, its business.

If something like this should ever be discussed in the future, you need to get it in writing and get it notarized.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Would she be able to recover any money being that she gave her Mom permission to file and she don't have a job to file herself?

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting VADIVA23:

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting .Peaches.:

If you want your money, I repeat- report her, because I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate to do the same to you. If you let her get away with this, honestly, its like telling her its ok to take advantage of you. Like someone else said, its not personal, its business.

If something like this should ever be discussed in the future, you need to get it in writing and get it notarized.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Quoting luvthagirl:

Would she be able to recover any money being that she gave her Mom permission to file and she don't have a job to file herself?

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting VADIVA23:

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting .Peaches.:

If she didn't work, probably not. But its more to send a message than anything else, that reneging on a verbal agreement (which should've been in writing) is not acceptable. Although she may not get the money, her mother wouldn't either. Her mother is already in violation for the form that she didn't turn in with her tax return, and could get audited based on that alone.

There could be ways around this, like having someone else claim her child, but, again, she'd need to get that in writing and fill out and sign the proper form.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)