Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Rockin' the 70's!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 21 Replies
So for my big b-day next month I decided I wanted to do a 70's party theme! I am at a blank on decorations though! And the clothes I am doing sort of retro style rather costume foolishness mockery of the 70's! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM

omg i love the 70's...are you going to wear white knee high platform boots???

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Check your local thrift stores and vintage stores.  They might have stuff like old eight track players, vinyl record players, beads that you hang over the door, rotary phones, tvs (that you actually have to get up off the couch and turn the knobs. lol), avocado green colored stuff,etc.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM
3 moms liked this
I love 70's parties! Of course, you have to have the lava lamp and disco ball! Maybe some retro "peace" necklaces and those round metal glasses people wore. How about some hippie beads!
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Quoting mamadee1971:

Check your local thrift stores and vintage stores.  They might have stuff like old eight track players, vinyl record players, beads that you hang over the door, rotary phones, tvs (that you actually have to get up off the couch and turn the knobs. lol), avocado green colored stuff,etc.

Catch phrases like:  "Right On", "Groovy", "Jive", "Stone cold...", "Ain't that a blip?",etc.big smile mini

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mamadee1971:

Quoting mamadee1971:

Catch phrases like:  "Right On", "Groovy", "Jive", "Stone cold...", "Ain't that a blip?",etc.big smile mini

Girl, my daddy called me a "Jive Turkey" one time....I just had this blank stare like "Really dad, that's the best you could come up with?" lol

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Oh good idea!! Thanks!!

Quoting mamadee1971:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM
LOL no! Next time! :-)

Quoting TrulyMicka:

omg i love the 70's...are you going to wear white knee high platform boots???

queensweet
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM

lol. At least he did not call you a "sucka".

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting mamadee1971:

Quoting mamadee1971:

Girl, my daddy called me a "Jive Turkey" one time....I just had this blank stare like "Really dad, that's the best you could come up with?" lol

queensweet
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Maybe you can look up what type of decorations they used in the 70s like the lighting fixtures.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Tie dye cups, plates, napkins :) are you going to wear a cute Afro wig?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)