Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Natural Hair- HELP!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 12 Replies
I need some help with my hair.
Background- I had my last relaxer in June 2011. Straightened my hair is past my shoulders but after its washed it seems a little short(not a TWA).
I have no idea what to do with my hair now. I need some ideas. I cant seem to do a twist out becausw it never comes out right. I usually wash my hair and braid it back and let it dry over night. Next day I undo the braids, pick hair out a little, then put a rubber band around my head to kind of push my hair so its not a complete afro.
Any ideas? Maybe tips on a wash n go? Or a new style
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeautyFull
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Have you tried wearing weave? You can give the natural a break and go.crazy with styles.

k_cook12
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM
No I havent. The only weave I wear is if Im braiding my hair. And I just took some braids down that i had in for about 6 weeks. Im not into tracks but I may give it a try. Thanks for the idea!

Quoting BeautyFull:

Have you tried wearing weave? You can give the natural a break and go.crazy with styles.

BeautyFull
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Tracks are the thing of the past. Caps is whats happening now. As a matter of fact i am just done making one for myself. Its convenient and not so harsh on the hair. It.also.allows you to take it down easy so you can keep up with you conditioning. Check out 3/4 weaves or caps on you tube.

Quoting k_cook12:

No I havent. The only weave I wear is if Im braiding my hair. And I just took some braids down that i had in for about 6 weeks. Im not into tracks but I may give it a try. Thanks for the idea!

Quoting BeautyFull:

k_cook12
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Hahaha see I dont know whats in and what isnt. Sounds good. I will check it out.

Quoting BeautyFull:

Tracks are the thing of the past. Caps is whats happening now. As a matter of fact i am just done making one for myself. Its convenient and not so harsh on the hair. It.also.allows you to take it down easy so you can keep up with you conditioning. Check out 3/4 weaves or caps on you tube.

Quoting k_cook12:

Quoting BeautyFull:

Dana267
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Maybe you shouldn't pick your hair out.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Try a wig because with a wig you are not stressing your hair .

k_cook12
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM
It looks better picked out. It hides where my hair was parted for the braids

Quoting Dana267:

k_cook12
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I dont know anything about wigs. But I may try a half wig. That way it looks more natural.

Quoting Stacey1081975:

Try a wig because with a wig you are not stressing your hair .

Dana267
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Maybe just use your fingers.

Quoting k_cook12:

It looks better picked out. It hides where my hair was parted for the braids

Quoting Dana267:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

Amomslyfe
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Have you tried the tutorials on youtube? I've been natural (never had relaxer just stopped pressing) for almost a year now and I only cowash my hair, when I do a wash and go I apply a mix of oils like jojoba and coconut  oil or during the winter and cold days when my hair frizzes more I apply eco styler gel to help hold my curls. Hope this helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN