Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I dont believe in making men be fathers

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 43 Replies
2 moms liked this

i was told Im the perfect (baby mama) because i don't make men be responsible for their child, but i don't see it that way. Why would i fight for child support and have to deal with a bastard for life.  all that drama and chaos for what a few dollars a month.  This man killed his daughter not wanting to be apart of the child's life. Its horrific and tragic how he did this 1yr old girl.  He told the mom he didn't want anything to do with the baby.   women need to pay attention you cant make a man be a dad, leave his ass alone move on with your child.  at least this is how i see things.   

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/D0/20130222/NEWS01/302220024/Ex-officer-found-guilty-killing-daughter

Join Adorable Ladies Group, where women can have free uncensored conversations, and discussions minus the bashing and drama. 

www.cafemom.com/group/118542

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queensweet
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I agree with you. Although I get child support (and I get a good amount), a lot of times I think to myself "was it worth it?" The BS I went through because the n**ga was mad that he had to be a man and take care of his responsibility. And even his no-good, stone-cold b**ch momma jumped on the bagwagon. smdh. Sometimes I think to myself that I should have left well enough alone!

Quoting MomRocs1102:

i was told Im the perfect (baby mama) because i don't make men be responsible for their child, but i don't see it that way. Why would i fight for child support and have to deal with a bastard for life.  all that drama and chaos for what a few dollars a month.  This man killed his daughter not wanting to be apart of the child's life. Its horrific and tragic how he did this 1yr old girl.  He told the mom he didn't want anything to do with the baby.   women need to pay attention you cant make a man be a dad, leave his ass alone move on with your child.  at least this is how i see things.   

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/D0/20130222/NEWS01/302220024/Ex-officer-found-guilty-killing-daughter

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
8 moms liked this

IDK.. I don't look at child support as a way of making a man be a father. I see it as monetary support to help with the day to day living of a life he helped create. Personally, I would fight for support for my child. 

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM

ninjaAll of this!

Quoting inmybizz:

IDK.. I don't look at child support as a way of making a man be a father. I see it as monetary support to help with the day to day living of a life he helped create. Personally, I would fight for support for my child. 

honey27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM
A man needs to pay child support wether he wants to take care of the child or not. Unless your comfortable with taking his responsibilities I wouldn't think you would be called a smart baby mama.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dana267
by Group Mod on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. I'm not sure I agree with you BUT wow. It's interesting that in the wild mothers have to protect their young from fathers who will kill them. I think male lions kill their own cubs.

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Ayup! 

But I agree with you OP.There is no use trying to force someone to be a parent.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

ninjaAll of this!

Quoting inmybizz:

Dana267
by Group Mod on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I guess it's probably too late to decide if you're going to make a man be a father once the child is here.

MomRocs1102
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
4 moms liked this

lol so smart would be me fighting with a boy to make him be a man?  dealing with his drama and disrespect on a regular basis from him and his family.  When i can let him go and have a real man if any if my child's life instead.  Im sorry i wont havea miserable life for child support or to make a father get his own child everyother weekend.  

Quoting honey27:

A man needs to pay child support wether he wants to take care of the child or not. Unless your comfortable with taking his responsibilities I wouldn't think you would be called a smart baby mama.

MomRocs1102
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I fear things like this people will hurt your child just to hurt you, or to eliminate responsibility.

Quoting Dana267:

Wow. I'm not sure I agree with you BUT wow. It's interesting that in the wild mothers have to protect their young from fathers who will kill them. I think male lions kill their own cubs.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM
7 moms liked this
I totally disagree. You can't make a man be a Father but you can make him help financially and if a woman feel it's not worth the few extra dollars a month be more careful next time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)