Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Think I mastered "the look"

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
Last night we had a meeting for spouses. I'm single and didn't wanna go but my platoon sergeant said I had to cause "you have soldiers". So I went and took the offspring. My friend, of course, came with his wife and their 2 kids. The same friend who went on a date night and then asked if he could leave his kids overnight at my place. Well of course the boy was being a terror-his lol ass is bad!! This other guy, his kids weren't bad but they did get up and were roaming around while our commander was talking. I could tell mine wanted to get up and I looked at her and dared her to. She sat in that chair with her mouth shut. She whispered some and played with her stuffed horse but for the most part, she sat there quietly.

Today we went to a place to grab something to eat and she started to scoot out of the chair.....I just looked at her and she scooted her butt right back into that chair.

Only thing is at daycare she acts up sometimes. I don't spank her often, but she got it the other day. The teacher gave me a bad report and when she got home, she got it. A couple of swats and her report the next day was "she did really well today, Ms Suchandsuch". It's funny now but I will not be "that parent" with "that child".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rayroe2
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM

LOL! right I am the same way. Those kids...."how has bobby been doing" "oh you know, bobby just is being bobby."

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Ugh....I still cant get the look down but they know dont play with me

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I got it down too... Only took me five years lol. It's amazing how well disciplined they are with NO words :D
Tish_Hughes
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Lol!! Took me 4. My sergeant was talking about well behaved my daughter was last night. I was like "yep cause she knows I'll get in that ass if she acts up". And the thing is I don't even have to spank her. Just point my finger and do the look.

Quoting leaniece:

I think I got it down too... Only took me five years lol. It's amazing how well disciplined they are with NO words :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)