Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Man dismembered his mother's body and poses with her head

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • 21 Replies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/01/bashid-mclean-poses-with-mother-tanya-byrd-photo_n_2791325.html

What can you say, when this woman bought him into the world.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VADIVA23
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Oh myself god !!What is this world coming to thats crazy my mom pisst me off as well but not to this point .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

When I saw the title of this post, I said "Something has to be wrong with him mentally." Schizophrenia is nothing to be play with man, those people can go from zero to life-threateningly paranoid in 3 seconds flat. Its really sad that this family had to experience tragedy like this.

I don't care if that was my child, he wouldn't have been living with me, I can tell you that much. The crappy health care system in this country makes it very difficult for people who really need it to get quality healthcare, and then things like this happen.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM

If this child (yes I said child) had all of these problem and everyone know this ..why is his mother died??? IJS

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Yea i read about this, they always make excuses of mental illness, which it could be but still he should suffer the consequences he posed in a picture with her head no remorse, and heartless.  

Join Adorable Ladies Group, where women can have free uncensored conversations, and discussions minus the bashing and drama. 

www.cafemom.com/group/118542

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting MomRocs1102:

Yea i read about this, they always make excuses of mental illness, which it could be but still he should suffer the consequences he posed in a picture with her head no remorse, and heartless.  

He's a schizophrenic who has been off his meds. These people are NOT in their right minds, and see and hear all kinds of things we can't even imagine. I don't believe he was heartless or cold- I believe he became of victim of his disease. Yes, he should be punished, because he committed a crime, but people who suffer from mental illnesses and commit crimes are often stigmatized as being totally in control of their actions, and, in some cases, they really are at the mercy of their mental processes, messed up though they may be.

Captzsss
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Yes! I also hate that Mental Illness is so taboo in the AA community. 

Quoting .Peaches.:

When I saw the title of this post, I said "Something has to be wrong with him mentally." Schizophrenia is nothing to be play with man, those people can go from zero to life-threateningly paranoid in 3 seconds flat. Its really sad that this family had to experience tragedy like this.

I don't care if that was my child, he wouldn't have been living with me, I can tell you that much. The crappy health care system in this country makes it very difficult for people who really need it to get quality healthcare, and then things like this happen.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Captzsss:

Yes! I also hate that Mental Illness is so taboo in the AA community. 

Quoting .Peaches.:

I can't tell you how many times I've heard black people say 'That's white people's problems, WE don't take medications/see therapists, ect.' Yeah, and that's part of the reason there's so many jacked-up people walkin the streets, because of the stigma attached to it.

People, especially black folks, are known for not seeking treatment for something until its either almost too late, or too late.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM
So sad. :( and disturbing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Crazy, but you know they killed Jesus. So its mother killing children, children killing mother, and the list goes on. People dont value life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitcal78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Mental illness runs in my family.  My great grandmother was bipolar and had schizophrenia.  They finally were able to diagnose her in old age they had to make a decision to place her where she could get care.  My grandmother one of her 10 children was the only one who visited her on a regular basis. 

One of my older cousin is a certified genius with a high i.q.  In high school he went bananas.  Tested him and he too was bipolar along with some other mess.  He went coo-coo and locked himself in his bedroom for a week.  We live in NJ.  My grandmother had to come for North Carolina to talk him outta there. 

They ended up putting him on different meds and moving to Baltimore, MD so he could get housing and assistance with disability.  They were trying to put him a mental institution her in NJ.  My grandmother informed my aunt she had move get him better care. 

That man allowed himself to be a victim.  They have reports that his family mother, father, etc tried to help him as much as they could. When ever he complained about his meds they would change the dose or try something new. He just wouldn't stay on his meds.  If you make a choice not to take something to give you a better chance at life then that's on you.  He made himself a victim of his disease.

If he it was his meds so much why was he trying to pass the buck on the guy who helped him.  Trying to say the other guy did it.  Responsibility for your own actions and accountability is what he's trying to pass the buck on to his "mental illness".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN