Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

STOP IT!!!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 21 Replies
At what age do you give up on fashion trends?

I know there are age appropriate trends but I'm not talking about those because clearly everyone won't be doing it. However, I see some people say they would wear something if they had the figure for it. I'm curious about when it's time to say no, not for women my age.

I've seen some grandmothers with bodies like young women and they will be wearing something that I think would be better on someone younger. Granted you can be a 31 year old grandmother you could possibly get away with some of the stuff. Not all grandmothers are that young and I think some just look silly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomRocs1102
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this

no age in my opinion if you look great in it wear it

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Well, the clothes should be able to flatter or compliment your figure, whether a person dresses conservatively or casually or what have you.  If you walk around wearing a "fitted" tank top and your "back boobs" are hanging out or you dress like "thepeopleofwalmart.com",then you better hope you don't get called out. 

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Rofl @ back boobs.

Quoting mamadee1971:

Well, the clothes should be able to flatter or compliment your figure, whether a person dresses conservatively or casually or what have you.  If you walk around wearing a "fitted" tank top and your "back boobs" are hanging out or you dress like "thepeopleofwalmart.com",then you better hope you don't get called out. 

CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM
4 moms liked this

Well, I'm 33 and a mom.  I've pretty much put party shirts (backless, plunging neckline, tummy showing type of stuff) away.  Most you'll get out of me now is cleavage. 

I no longer have the feet to support dancing all night in super high heels because "my song" keeps coming on.  I used to end up limping to my car at the end of the night, now the limp starts 3 songs in.

I no longer wobble to the bottom, who knows if I'll be able to wobble back to the top.

Anything I wear must be able to cover up a super control bra and possibly spanks.  

You will never EVER catch me in crochet draws.  Neva.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Some trends I have just found ridiculous because they are, regardless of my age. If it doesn't flatter my figure or makes me look ridiculous, I ain't wearin it.

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I know whatchu mean...my gma has a helluva figure but if I catch her ass in some leggings its over for her! I don't know what age but at some point you should let it go....I'm sure there are still trends that's age appropriate....being as cougar isn't an excuse either...just bc u & ya granddaughter can wear the same size don't mean yall should be wesring each others clothes...but that's just my opinion..ppl him do what the wanna do
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM
5 moms liked this
I wear what I want! But I have mirrors&common sense also have friends and family who tell me yay or nay? LOL
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM
4 moms liked this
To me its not about "age" I see some so called 20yo's should not wear what they have on! I think all women big&small should wear something that compliments their figure not their best friend! And be happy whatever size you are!
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I loathe you right now!

Quoting CoolRelax:

Well, I'm 33 and a mom.  I've pretty much put party shirts (backless, plunging neckline, tummy showing type of stuff) away.  Most you'll get out of me now is cleavage. 

I no longer have the feet to support dancing all night in super high heels because "my song" keeps coming on.  I used to end up limping to my car at the end of the night, now the limp starts 3 songs in.

I no longer wobble to the bottom, who knows if I'll be able to wobble back to the top.

Anything I wear must be able to cover up a super control bra and possibly spanks.  

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Why? And don't let me catch you in some crochet draws. Oh and don't say you still getting it in dancing all night in heels. Your mama card will be revoked.

YES I would be jealous because I'd only be able to walk.

Quoting Bunsmommy:

I loathe you right now!

Quoting CoolRelax:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)