Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

my son who is 10 will be 11 in two weeks has been acting up in school constantly the teacher calls me every day, I've punished him whipped his ass, took all toys , ipod , ds and scooter from him he stil asks like a donkey in school, its gotten to the point the school has referred him ti see a therapist. it hurts me to my heart that  he wont tell me whats wrong with him. not looking for smart ass replies just suggestions if you have them.     frustrated

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
alisheamonet33
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

no nothing tramatic has happend his teacher says when he is foucused he is a great student

Quoting rayroe2:

I was in special ed classes and had a Iep. He prob just doesn't know how to tell you he learns better in a smaller environment. Has anything traumatic happen to him or in the home?

alisheamonet33
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

yes

Quoting .Peaches.:

Are you going to take him to see a therapist, as suggested?

honey27
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I had a similar situation happen and I sat in class with my son because I wanted to see what was going on so after I found out the problem which was lack of supervision and a boy that didn't get along with him I switched his class and problems stopped. If your son acts differently at school then at home check out the school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alisheamonet33
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM

due to work i cant sit in class with him but i have tried switching classes and got the same results

Quoting honey27:

I had a similar situation happen and I sat in class with my son because I wanted to see what was going on so after I found out the problem which was lack of supervision and a boy that didn't get along with him I switched his class and problems stopped. If your son acts differently at school then at home check out the school.

2boys9yrsapart
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I was gonna say take him to a therapist. When my son started acting up in 2009 he wouldn't talk to me and i knew he wouldn't talk to his father. So i took him to a therapist he's been seeing her off and on since then. She diagnosed him with adhd. But he does really well seeing her. You can tell when he has and when it's been a while. Good luck mama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
poppyseed77
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I agree with therapy.  Is there a new man/person in your life?

alisheamonet33
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

thank you

Quoting 2boys9yrsapart:

I was gonna say take him to a therapist. When my son started acting up in 2009 he wouldn't talk to me and i knew he wouldn't talk to his father. So i took him to a therapist he's been seeing her off and on since then. She diagnosed him with adhd. But he does really well seeing her. You can tell when he has and when it's been a while. Good luck mama!

alisheamonet33
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM

no i dont bring anyone i date  around my children

Quoting poppyseed77:

I agree with therapy.  Is there a new man/person in your life?

rayroe2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM

so he just need the small environment I bet. If a school phy. see him they while just put him prob in a class of 10 or smaller for a hour most the day and get a break then classes you get notes to help you while the teachers teaches. 

Quoting alisheamonet33:

no nothing tramatic has happend his teacher says when he is foucused he is a great student

Quoting rayroe2:

I was in special ed classes and had a Iep. He prob just doesn't know how to tell you he learns better in a smaller environment. Has anything traumatic happen to him or in the home?

krisdev67
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM

IMO if you've not noticed anything amiss at home, or when he's at someone else's house it could be that he and the teacher don't get along.  However, I would take him in to see a therapist.  If you don't feel comfortable doing that then have his father and a male relative/male friend sit down and get to the bottom of what's going on.  It could be that he's feeling himself and noticing girls.  Who knows.  GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN