Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

My DS bus driver puts on inappropriate music

Posted by   + Show Post
DS got off the bus singing "bands a make em dance." If thats the right chorus. Do you ladies know the song I'm talking about? How inappropriate. Its funny, but its really not.
When I asked DS what do the words mean? He of course didn't know.
Should I make a complaint?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Replies (31-37):
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
You wanna sign up?

Quoting Bunsmommy:

What they tipping in that 45 minutes?

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Sweet cherry pie!

My shift starts at 2pm-2:45pm Diamond dancing on the back stage in the dark corner during daytime hours! LOL

Quoting inmybizz:

I have a little side gig working the afternoon shift- Stage name Cherry...

Quoting Bunsmommy:

WHATTTTT??? Berthaline, hell you doing listening to skrippa music? Let me find out you living out your Trixie and Ronnie fantasies......"you've got to use what you got!"

Thank you Cookie Lady, I so need to listen to the radio.

OP, go have a civil conversation with the bus driver if he doesn't seem to respect what you're saying or continues to play inappropriate music then contact someone further up the food chain. But try to work it out with him first.

Quoting Mrs.Fields05:

For those that don't know the song is about throwin money at the skrippas and how they dance for the $$$.I would quote the rest of the chorus but just know,that is what it's talking about.Now it's stuck in my head......DJM

Quoting Bunsmommy:

How you know? Let me find out you've been listening to nasty rap music..........off to go hip myself to this song. 

Quoting inmybizz:

The lyrics are very nasty..

Quoting mamadee1971:

I've never heard of "bands a make em dance".  I don't listen to today's rap/hip-hop because it's all garbage, to me, now.  But, it use to piss me off when my children's father would blast the music with the cussing or he starts rapping the lyrics...especially the cussing parts.

Babujai
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been back and forth on this issue myself. The daycare van driver has played some music that I find mildly objectionable, but I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble either. I'm sure she's not being deliberately careless...just not paying attention to the music. She's watching the kids, driving and getting everyone to school on time.
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I'll bring the mustard!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

You wanna sign up?

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Sweet cherry pie!

My shift starts at 2pm-2:45pm Diamond dancing on the back stage in the dark corner during daytime hours! LOL

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

WHATTTTT??? Berthaline, hell you doing listening to skrippa music? Let me find out you living out your Trixie and Ronnie fantasies......"you've got to use what you got!"

OP, go have a civil conversation with the bus driver if he doesn't seem to respect what you're saying or continues to play inappropriate music then contact someone further up the food chain. But try to work it out with him first.

Quoting Mrs.Fields05:

For those that don't know the song is about throwin money at the skrippas and how they dance for the $$$.I would quote the rest of the chorus but just know,that is what it's talking about.Now it's stuck in my head......DJM

Quoting Bunsmommy:

How you know? Let me find out you've been listening to nasty rap music..........off to go hip myself to this song. 

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting mamadee1971:

I've never heard of "bands a make em dance".  I don't listen to today's rap/hip-hop because it's all garbage, to me, now.  But, it use to piss me off when my children's father would blast the music with the cussing or he starts rapping the lyrics...especially the cussing parts.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM
LMAO

Quoting Bunsmommy:

I'll bring the mustard!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

You wanna sign up?

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Sweet cherry pie!

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting Mrs.Fields05:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting mamadee1971:

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I don't know the song.  My concern would be with the bus driver having any music on the bus.  It's a distraction when he / she should be driving and watching a bus load of kids, a safety concern.

AJW914
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I will go to him(bus driver) first and then go from there. @Babujai

Your absolutley right @ sunflower it maybe a safety issue as well. My DS is in kindergarten and they make them sit towards the front of the bus. I'm assuming its still loud enough to hear atleast to the middle of th bus.
babyblue415
by bubbles on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

its just music. teach your child right from wrong and it wont matter whats playing , they will know thats not ok. but yeah as a busdriver you should not be playing that. report it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)