Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coconut oil.....

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
How do you use it? Mix it with other products, or by itself? I just bought some and I was going to use it with my Shea butter, but I don't feel like re-mixing it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Chillisarah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I use it on my hair. I heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds and use it for a hot oil treatment. I use it to condition my lips. Moisturize my skin. I fry my salmon croquettes with it. It's my go to oil for everything.

With my hot oil treatments, I like to mix it with jojoba oil and hemp oil.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I've mixed it with olive oil before
Delila12
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
How is hemp oil? Is your jojoba and hemp natural? And where did you buy it? I had been looking for coconut oil since forever and just found it earlier today.

Quoting Chillisarah:

I use it on my hair. I heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds and use it for a hot oil treatment. I use it to condition my lips. Moisturize my skin. I fry my salmon croquettes with it. It's my go to oil for everything.

Delila12
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Yeah, I'll. Try that.

Quoting moosesmom:

I've mixed it with olive oil before
Bunsmommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Hot oil treatment, body oil, during pedicures.....all over my body!
Chillisarah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I buy the organic hemp oil from Whole Foods. The Nutiva brand. it's certified kosher and certified organic products. Hemp oil is from the hemp plant and it is full of omega 3 and vitamin e. Very healthy for your skin and scalp. I just get my jojoba oil from Sally Beauty supply store. I'm not sure if it's all natural. I buy two kinds of coconut oil. One I find at the grocery store like Kroger in the oil isle called Luanne. The other I get from Whole foods and it's the unrefined organic one from Nutiva brand.

If you don't have a Whole Foods store nearby, then look and see if you have a Trader Joes nearby and they should have Nutiva products.

Quoting Delila12:

How is hemp oil? Is your jojoba and hemp natural? And where did you buy it? I had been looking for coconut oil since forever and just found it earlier today.

Quoting Chillisarah:

Babujai
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I use it alone on my skin and scalp. I put it on my wet/damp hair to seal moisture in and then layer styling creme/gel over it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)