Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Is it the parent's responsibility to pay in this scenario?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 16 Replies
My sister is babysitting my kids & took them to another sister's house for the weekend. Well my son threw up on the other sister's carpet & the sister who's babysitting said I should pay to have it cleaned. What's your opinion?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Is it a bad stain? Will a spot cleaner work? 

If my child is the cause I pay for the damages. 

mrsary
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I have no idea. I am not even there. If the sister who the house belongs to comes to me then yea I will pay. The sister who was babysitting is always causing drama, so we pay her no mind.

Quoting inmybizz:

krisdev67
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Honestly I would pay for it because it was my child and it wasn't something that your sister could have stopped unless you count her not going anywhere as an option.

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
She should pay, you didnt tell her to take your child over there. Is your sister carpet expensive? She really shouldn't ask anyone to pay. She can spot clean it. Or she own a carpet cleaner. Especially if she have children of her own? Accidents always gonna happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

If it were me I would call the other sister and ask about it. It may not even be an issue.

Quoting mrsary:

I have no idea. I am not even there. If the sister who the house belongs to comes to me then yea I will pay. The sister who was babysitting is always causing drama, so we pay her no mind.

Quoting inmybizz:

mrsary
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
The sister the house belongs to hasn't brought it up. You feel the same way I feel. The sister who was babysitting is always trying to stir something up that's why I text back with a simple ok. I 1st thought she was trying to tell me my son was sick, then she went into the carpet thing because I was telling her what to do for his vomiting. I misinterpreted the text to be out of concern for my son!!

Quoting hopealways4019:

She should pay, you didnt tell her to take your child over there. Is your sister carpet expensive? She really shouldn't ask anyone to pay. She can spot clean it. Or she own a carpet cleaner. Especially if she have children of her own? Accidents always gonna happen.

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I would ask my sister whose carpet he threw up on if she wants me to I would gladly give her the money if she didn't then its all good
babyblue415
by bubbles on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM

she pays becuase she should not have taken your child to the other sisters house in the first place, unless she asked you first.

mrsary
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM
My kids told me they were going. It was a get together. I was invited, but chose not to go. I knew my sister who was babysitting would be there & I wasn't up for the negative comments. She's so irritatingly miserable & wants everyone else around her to be. I am the prime target because I am divorced with 3 kids, no bachelors degree, and shouldn't be doing as well as I am.. as we (my kids) are. Plus she can't have kids & she's bitter about that too.

Quoting babyblue415:

she pays becuase she should not have taken your child to the other sisters house in the first place, unless she asked you first.

babyblue415
by bubbles on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM

then yeah i would pay just to keep her mouth shut

Quoting mrsary:

My kids told me they were going. It was a get together. I was invited, but chose not to go. I knew my sister who was babysitting would be there & I wasn't up for the negative comments. She's so irritatingly miserable & wants everyone else around her to be. I am the prime target because I am divorced with 3 kids, no bachelors degree, and shouldn't be doing as well as I am.. as we (my kids) are. Plus she can't have kids & she's bitter about that too.

Quoting babyblue415:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN