Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Why do people fear birth

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM
  • 34 Replies
I have given birth before so its not coming from a new mom. I just wonder though why is so much fear put into something that I think is a great experience. I know things can go wrong but I feel like there is this fear that people think they can't handle it and I never understood why
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ebbierowe
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I think a lot is fear of the unknown. The same reason a lot of people are afraid of having surgery.

Plus there ia always that one person that tells you how horrible it is going be
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's natural to fear something you are unfamiliar with or you know that will cause pain
2timezthefun
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:17 PM

When I was pregnant with my twins I swear people would tell me the most horrible birth stories. I would get myself so hyped especially because it was my first pregnancy. When I actually went into labor it wasnt as bad as I was told it was going to be. I dont mind it and it wasnt bad with Eli either. 

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM
This. I was scared to death when i was pregnant with my son simply because everyone told me how bad it was going to hurt to go into labor and give birth. I ended up having an emergency c-section at 35 weeks.

Quoting ebbierowe:

I think a lot is fear of the unknown. The same reason a lot of people are afraid of having surgery.

Plus there ia always that one person that tells you how horrible it is going be
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM

My question is why would folks go through all of that 9 months, birthing, etc., then take these innocent lives away over stupidity?  I swear everytime I click on the news some sack of shit "offs" their child or their SO's child.  Just yesterday, on the news, this stupid "father" ties up his 4 year old to a point that he couldn't breath, but the little boy survived, followed by this broad, somewhere in Asia, drowns her 7 year old son because his penis was too small and she feels that could affect his "ability".  WTFF?

mrsary
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I was scared of laboring a long time.
Tish_Hughes
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I was scared and rightfully so. That ish hurt like hell and I had an epi and my water didn't break!

july09baby
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I just fear the pain i will have to go through and the fact i dont know how healthy hell be when he gets here and the fear of losing him giving birth
Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by Group Mod - Trica on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I never tell people to fear it! And to me it wasn't terribly painful all 3x's.
miss.wilfred
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Initially I was afraid to give birth because I decided to go through with a natural med free birth even though everyone, even DF, tried to make me get an epidural. I wasn't afraid of the pain I thought I would endure but I was afraid of having to go through the process with no support system. But DF showed up on D-day and was very supportive and it made my birthing experience better and my little family is stronger because of it. So I guess there are a lot of factors that play a role in this "fear of birth" and its different for everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)