Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Natural Hair

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok so I've been natural going on about a year now. I just started getting my hair put up in a sew in and i need some tips on what to put up in my hair after I take it out. I dont want it to get all matted up after I wash it. That just makes me want to break down and cry.. 

Any tips...??

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
navybeauty88
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Your hair will be braided up under the sew-in, right? If so, just comb it out with a wide tooth comb as you take it down. I would deep condition it and then just use whatever products you normally put in it. I don't have any product recommendations though. I'm still experimenting with stuff myself lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM
What navybeauty said.... when you take the sew in down I would add some conditioner as you comb it out. Then wash like normal when its all detangled. But NEVER just wash it without combing it out first ok, you will be devastated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bronze_1
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I did that last time and my mom had to untangle my hair. I felt like a little girl again sitting in between my mom leggs while she combing my hair. lol.. I was a mess chile. I just dont want to go to a salon. 

Quoting MsCryStyle:

What navybeauty said.... when you take the sew in down I would add some conditioner as you comb it out. Then wash like normal when its all detangled. But NEVER just wash it without combing it out first ok, you will be devastated.

MommyLaunch
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I know the feeling.  I have tried a series of products and whenever I am not wearing my extenstions, I use Tallijah Waad Curl Cream, it is the only product , that I have found to work for me.

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:11 AM

yep...just comb it out..then deep condition & style as ususal...if it was put in right & youtake it out right then it should be fine

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:16 AM

I like organic root stimulator replenishing conditioner...you can also get it in individual packs for like 1.49 -1.99 at the beauty supply if u just wanna try..its sooo good love it!! i use it on my hair...its relaxed but I use it on my girls too they have thick natural hair..then i'll put some coconut oil on their hair too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)