Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question, it's based off a post I saw in another group.

Posted by   + Show Post

This is the condensed version:

This woman posted stating that her husband had been friends with a couple prior to them getting married.  Once she hooked up with her husband they all became good friends and that couple stood in for them at their wedding.  For years they've hung out as married couples.  They went out for dinner a few nights ago and the wife of the other couple disclosed that for years she, her husband and the poster's husband had 3somes for years.  The wife didn't know, became very upset and told her husband that she wanted to leave.  (now the woman told them while they were in the bathroom).  So, her husband is pissed with her because he feels like it's no big deal since the 3somes stopped once they began dating (even the other woman told her that).  He basically said to her that he didn't tell her about it because he know how she would react. 

A lot of women are telling her she's wrong that what ever happened in his sexual past is just that.  However, IMO that information should have been disclosed because he chose to have this couple still in his and his wife's life.  IMO it's just like your husband having an ex booty call that he introduces you to and tells you that she's like family but omits that they'd knocked boots for years until you met. 

So, my question is what do you guys think?  Do you think the wife over reacted by leaving and getting upset with her husband?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Replies (21-28):
krisdev67
by Pamela on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I think they were trying to gauge her reaction.  She did say that her husband was pissed at the other female for telling her.  So, I think the other couple wanted to get their freak on again and were trying to slowly get this chick involved in it.  smh.  She definately needed to know that information up front to see if she wanted to be friends with that couple.  Her husband was so wrong.

Quoting Bunsmommy:

I agree with this, that woman deserved to have the chance to make the choice if she wanted to be in that couple's company.
I'm also curious as to why the other woman chose to disclose this information at this time. Was she supposed to be trying to gauge her reaction in order to lure her into their play dates? Or is she missing the woman's husband and wanting him again?

Quoting moosesmom:

I saw that post. I think he was wrong for not telling her. He should have told her and let her make a choice of whether she wanted to befriend this couple or not. It's not necessarily the sex part that got me but the fact that he placed her in an uncomfortable situation. When you lie, you take away someone's choice and that's what he did.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Besides her husband lying, that's the other part I don't like. I really feel like this woman was being messy. Why after all this time would you bring it up? If it were me that information wouldn't have been disclosed UNLESS the wife came to me asking the questions. Hell, even then I'd tell her to talk to her husband about any questions she has. I think when she told her it wasn't coming from a good place, it wasn't an "accident" either, this woman knew what she was saying and had ulterior motives.

Quoting Bunsmommy:

I agree with this, that woman deserved to have the chance to make the choice if she wanted to be in that couple's company.

I'm also curious as to why the other woman chose to disclose this information at this time. Was she supposed to be trying to gauge her reaction in order to lure her into their play dates? Or is she missing the woman's husband and wanting him again?

Quoting moosesmom:

I saw that post. I think he was wrong for not telling her. He should have told her and let her make a choice of whether she wanted to befriend this couple or not. It's not necessarily the sex part that got me but the fact that he placed her in an uncomfortable situation. When you lie, you take away someone's choice and that's what he did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
grandmotherof6
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

yes i read that too, well I told her the woman is no friends of hers!!! The husband should have told her.  but it was in the past, as long as he is faithful now, that is what is important!!! Me, myself and I don't trust no  man!!!

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM
He should've told her...I would be pissed everyone knew but me...phony asses then is make sure that heffa know it wouldn't be going down..we are not swinging...why else would she all of a sudden tell now? But I don't think I would leave...it would uncomfortable for awhile.....now if I found out him & the husband touched on each other too..then id leave
lipsticknheels
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM

No she's not overreacting.  I would be upset too.  He should of let her know who she was hanging around and the type of relationship they had. He would of been upset too I think.

rayroe2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Like I said in the other group..glad this isn't me...if the lady was hot and my dh was into that okay...but I would mad he lied for so long...I would leave. I would need time to think.
mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I was thnking all of this too, either she wants ole girl to join and she wants her sex buddy back!

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Was she supposed to be trying to gauge her reaction in order to lure her into their play dates? Or is she missing the woman's husband and wanting him again?

Quoting moosesmom:

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM
She did not overreact!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)