Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

high school

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

my DD received her high school letter today shes upset she did get into her top choices,  nervous for her because the school she got accepted to is way across town. she wasn't even supposed to apply to it but changed her app right before she turned it in. well its done now i guess one saturday i need to get on the bus with her so she will know exactly where to go !!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Thats what happen to my niece and she was so upset. She was like I am going back to Conn. Which I understand because her school was way over on the otherside of town and boston is big she live in mattapan and they want her going to school in east boston and wants her there at a certain time. Hell I was bused out of boston and I thought getting up that early was tough back in the day.

alisheamonet33
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

shes trying to find a way to get out of going but im thinking of making her go becasue nobody forced her to change her app and add that school so she brought this on herself

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Thats what happen to my niece and she was so upset. She was like I am going back to Conn. Which I understand because her school was way over on the otherside of town and boston is big she live in mattapan and they want her going to school in east boston and wants her there at a certain time. Hell I was bused out of boston and I thought getting up that early was tough back in the day.

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I did that silly mess my last year of school trying to follow my bff & she dropped out before the end of that yr...smh so I had to go there ...across town by myself....completely different environment..not going through that with mine bc I wasn't old enough to make the right choice so we are going to pick together....mostly me....bc even tho they are teens & smart they are still not grown...my mom let me make a lot of decisions on my own that I now wish she cared enough to step in and parent on
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alisheamonet33
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM

that's the thing i did pick school with her input but mostly my decision but  i couldn't turn it in for her so she changed it with out me knowing until it was to late , im very hands on with my daughter , im going to make her go just this yr so she can feel it and realize i make decisions with her best interest at heart

Quoting TrulyMicka:

I did that silly mess my last year of school trying to follow my bff & she dropped out before the end of that yr...smh so I had to go there ...across town by myself....completely different environment..not going through that with mine bc I wasn't old enough to make the right choice so we are going to pick together....mostly me....bc even tho they are teens & smart they are still not grown...my mom let me make a lot of decisions on my own that I now wish she cared enough to step in and parent on

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I can see Shaniya doing that && yep like you is make her go...but lol its going to be funny for u to watch;))

Quoting alisheamonet33:

that's the thing i did pick school with her input but mostly my decision but  i couldn't turn it in for her so she changed it with out me knowing until it was to late , im very hands on with my daughter , im going to make her go just this yr so she can feel it and realize i make decisions with her best interest at heart

Quoting TrulyMicka:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)