Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Porscha & Kordell Stewart to Divorce *Update*

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 49 Replies

Shocking news alert – or maybe not so shocking if you believe reality TV! Kordell Stewart filed for divorce from Porsha Stewart last week!

Access Atlanta reports that Kordell filed a petition on March 22nd in Fulton Co, GA seeking a divorce against the Real Housewives of Atlanta star citing the marriage is "irretrievably broken."

Kordell and Porsha have been seen having issues throughout the season. Several women on the show expressed concern that Kordell is controlling. The couple does not have prenup so this should be interesting and they have been married less than five years. 

So much for Porsha Stewart's "picture-perfect life."

The "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star's husband, former NFL quarterback Kordell Stewart, filed for divorce on Friday after less than two years of marriage, according to court documents filed in the Fulton County Superior Court.

And it came as a total shock to Porsha. "Mrs. Stewart is disappointed about her husband's recent filing for divorce," her rep tells omg!. "Mrs. Stewart had held off on filing for a divorce herself and remained committed to the marriage because Mr. Stewart promised to work on the marriage with her. Instead, he misled her and she found out about the filing in the media. Mrs. Stewart hopes to resolve these personal issues privately with the support of her family, friends and strong faith."

Kordell, who often made it clear on the reality series that he was "in control" of their marriage, claimed that his relationship with Porsha was "irretrievably broken," adds TMZ. The former Pittsburgh Steelers star, 40, also stated that she should not receive any spousal support, claiming, "[She's] an able-bodied person, earning income and is capable of supporting herself."

Porsha, 31, who comes from a wealthy family, has said on the show that she and Kordell did not have a prenuptial agreement.

"This is a personal and private family matter for Kordell and his family," his lawyer Shiel Edlin tells omg! in a statement. "This was a very difficult decision for Kordell. I hope everyone understands. Kordell's ongoing concern has been and remains his son's [from a previous relationship] best interest."

Anyone who has watched "Real Housewives of Atlanta" this season knows that the subject of Porsha "working" was a constant issue. Kordell believed that his much-younger wife needed to choose between either having a career or having a family. In this week's episode, she tearfully explained to a therapist that she had suffered a miscarriage in early 2012 and that her husband didn’t see it as the same "loss" as she did.

In previews for next Sunday's episode, the show's finale, the Stewarts both meet with the therapist, where she reveals she was not able to share her feelings with her husband. Kordell is also shown getting into an argument at a party with Cynthia Bailey's husband, Peter.

Judging by Porsha's Twitter timeline, it didn't seem like there were problems in her marriage ... or at least, she was keeping them to herself. Last Friday, the same day Kordell filed for divorce, she responded to a follower who complimented the couple's relationship with the hashtags "#traditionallove" and "#teamstewarts."

The next day, she tweeted a link to an article praising her for being "submissive" in her marriage, a topic that has sparked a lot of debate with her co-stars on the show.

The Stewarts' lavish May 2011 nuptials were featured on an episode of WeTV's "Platinum Weddings."

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Never heard of them. She pretty, he aint good looking. He must got a nice bank account.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I was surprised to read this earlier. 

Captzsss
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

They are on the RHOA.  He is an ex-football player and her grandfather is Rev. Hosea Williams a famous civil rights leader.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Never heard of them. She pretty, he aint good looking. He must got a nice bank account.

Captzsss
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM

So was I.  He was way too controlling.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I was surprised to read this earlier. 

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is that I don't these people?? Sucks about the divorce!

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw this on mediatakeout this morning..... Not sure how true this is but I will be on the lookout........
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM
O no! I actually like them together.. wonder what happened?
jenmomx3
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I just saw this on TMZ...and you can see it coming a mile away!!! He treats her like she is a child, and she has forgotten how to think for herself...she acts like she is completely brain dead!! I do feel bad for her though, because wtf is she gonna do now? She quit RHOA because he didn't want her to do another season, so now what?

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I did not know she was "Uncle" Hosea's granddaughter. SMMFH, next time I see Elizabeth I'm asking why her family on RHOA!

Quoting Captzsss:

They are on the RHOA.  He is an ex-football player and her grandfather is Rev. Hosea Williams a famous civil rights leader.

Quoting hopealways4019:

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

If this is true, I agree with everything you've just said. Porsha wasn't my favorite by far and I can't stand her husband. But I feel terrible for the girl. Her entire life is Kordell! It's always about pleasing him. Not only that but I definitely feel it's a huge blow to her ego. When Kenya and Porsha had that first fall out, Kenya mentioned how Porsha has worked for nothing. She's the granddaughter of...the wife of.... and I think that's true. I sincerely hope she's able to pick up the pieces and make a new life for herself. She deserved better. 

Quoting jenmomx3:

I just saw this on TMZ...and you can see it coming a mile away!!! He treats her like she is a child, and she has forgotten how to think for herself...she acts like she is completely brain dead!! I do feel bad for her though, because wtf is she gonna do now? She quit RHOA because he didn't want her to do another season, so now what?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN