Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

gay marriage

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 95 Replies
Does it matter to you? ever discussed it with your kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this

i try not to get into it....i believe that it is between a man and a woman...but if a man & man or woman & women wants to come together in a union thats fine too...

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I try not to as well.. my kids are so bewildered. its been all over the news.

Quoting TrulyMicka:

i try not to get into it....i believe that it is between a man and a woman...but if a man & man or woman & women wants to come together in a union thats fine too...

MrsHuitz
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel it's a matter of civil rights. Gay ppl should be allowed to marry. Just like ppl of different races should be allowed to marry (there was a time when it was illegal too).
MamaFrankie
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I just rea this on facebook and laughed because it's so sarcastic and soo truue.

unscathedd
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM
4 moms liked this
They can do as they please but i shouldnt have to explain to my 8 yr old why a man is on tv saying he has a husband people have a choice as to their sexuality but noone can determine their ethnicity or race im sick of the two being compared its not compareable imho
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't have an issue with them!
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally don't have an issue with them, but then again it isn't I who hands down any final judgements. So, who am I?

MamaFrankie
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I don't think it's right to not allow marriage to ANYONE. blacks and whites couldn't get married for a long time . gays can't for the same reason, because of ignorance.

God says this ...and blah blah, not everyone believes in God. Our country was founded wit FREEDOM OF RELIGION. not everyone is the same damn religion and I'm tired of that being the main argument not to allow gay couples to have the full happiness as straight couples. 

And I guarantee that gay marriages last way longer then straight ones! It's not my business who sticks what where in their bedroom so wtf does it matter? it's not impacting my life. or butthole for that matter

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Have you discussed with the little ones? or have they asked about?

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I don't have an issue with them!

Tish_Hughes
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't give a shit. Let them get married.

I guess if I had to choose a side, though, I would go to the 'for' line. People keep saying that marriage is sacred and whatnot but people cheat and treat it like nothing everyday. Must not be too cotton picking sacred.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN