Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Do you work out?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 30 Replies

I want to start next week. I'm generally slender (size 6) but I do have hips and rump. I don't want to lose weight per say but tone what I have. I wanted to start jogging a couple miles 2-3 times per week but was told that I'd have the body of a string bean if I started that. I was told to do squats and free weights-- but that doesn't help my soft tummy. Any workout regimes that you ladies follow? What results have you acheived?

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
I.spit.glitter
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM

not and I probably will never do a formal workout. I dance when I feel like having some fun but that's about it.

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I do too.. I need something more hard core though. : )

lucky you!! only having to occasionally dance

Quoting I.spit.glitter:

not and I probably will never do a formal workout. I dance when I feel like having some fun but that's about it.

I.spit.glitter
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Hehe well :) honestly I don't even have to do that. I've never had to do anything to maintain my weight. I'm naturally thin. Trust me, I've tried gaining for 2 decades of my life and it never happened. 

Quoting ayacocca:

I do too.. I need something more hard core though. : )

lucky you!! only having to occasionally dance

Quoting I.spit.glitter:

Si21
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been using an app on my phone and I just started thia past couple weeks but slowly showin results. It's called daily workouts and u can pick areas and how long u exercise. Also workout trainer lets u customize. I hear zumba is a good workout too esp for ur core but i haven't tried it yet. Good luck! I hope ur middle is more cooperative than mine lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Tiffany Rothe Workouts are awesome. They are free on YouTube.
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM

zumba-- perfect for core but most classes around here don't fit into my sched. I'm about to look up this app. Thanks!

Quoting Si21:

I've been using an app on my phone and I just started thia past couple weeks but slowly showin results. It's called daily workouts and u can pick areas and how long u exercise. Also workout trainer lets u customize. I hear zumba is a good workout too esp for ur core but i haven't tried it yet. Good luck! I hope ur middle is more cooperative than mine lol

MamaFrankie
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM

start slow! i do 20 min walks. i started a 30 day squat challenge and made it to day 7 and near died LOL.

Go with your own flow! don't over do it. people that can do 400 pushups started with 5 and worked up .

jenmomx3
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Jillian Micheals 30 day shred....its on youtube...there is three levels, you do each level for ten days.  All my weight is in my stomach, and I am noticing a difference and its only a week in....I'm really thinking about getting Insanity though.

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Can u tell a difference in your butt since squatting?

Quoting MamaFrankie:

start slow! i do 20 min walks. i started a 30 day squat challenge and made it to day 7 and near died LOL.

Go with your own flow! don't over do it. people that can do 400 pushups started with 5 and worked up .

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM
My co worker did insanity and it keeps making her vomit during or after

Quoting jenmomx3:

Jillian Micheals 30 day shred....its on youtube...there is three levels, you do each level for ten days.  All my weight is in my stomach, and I am noticing a difference and its only a week in....I'm really thinking about getting Insanity though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)