Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I want to start next week. I'm generally slender (size 6) but I do have hips and rump. I don't want to lose weight per say but tone what I have. I wanted to start jogging a couple miles 2-3 times per week but was told that I'd have the body of a string bean if I started that. I was told to do squats and free weights-- but that doesn't help my soft tummy. Any workout regimes that you ladies follow? What results have you acheived?

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
Sweetie1216
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Awe, I gotta check that out.. Thanks for the tip!

Quoting jenmomx3:

Jillian Micheals 30 day shred....its on youtube...there is three levels, you do each level for ten days.  All my weight is in my stomach, and I am noticing a difference and its only a week in....I'm really thinking about getting Insanity though.

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM

just what I wanted to see... so she lost no weight, only toned??!! And people are telling me that this is impossible. whats her name? Or just YT Robert Bruce?? will mos def check this out once I'm home. good looking out!

Quoting moosesmom:

I was always more of a runner in school. But now I walk everyday. However, I follow a girl on YouTube (natural hair blogger) and she was doing the 28 day workout challenge (Robert Bruce) I followed that and her results were all of that!! She DIDN't lose ANY weight. She just toned her body. I did my research and I bought the DVD. It's serious!! Lol! I'm like you. Size six. I don't want to lose my hips or butt just tone that and my tummy.

Sweetie1216
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I really wanna do that Master Cleanse.. I'm so scared..

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Taren916 (YT) I'm sure here's info on Robert Bruce as well.

She said that her beginning weight was the same as her end weight. She toned up real nice. She did say that she could have done better if she followed the meal plan but of course she cheated around the holidays.

Quoting ayacocca:

just what I wanted to see... so she lost no weight, only toned??!! And people are telling me that this is impossible. whats her name? Or just YT Robert Bruce?? will mos def check this out once I'm home. good looking out!

Quoting moosesmom:

I was always more of a runner in school. But now I walk everyday. However, I follow a girl on YouTube (natural hair blogger) and she was doing the 28 day workout challenge (Robert Bruce) I followed that and her results were all of that!! She DIDN't lose ANY weight. She just toned her body. I did my research and I bought the DVD. It's serious!! Lol! I'm like you. Size six. I don't want to lose my hips or butt just tone that and my tummy.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Be Fit on Youtube has a bunch of different workouts you can try for free.

CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Yes I do. You want to lift weights, and do core work outs.

cardio will just slim you down.

Fabulous24
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I'm a ballet dancer, I do zumba And i go to the gym 3 times a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Si21
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:58 AM
True. And no prob. The second app is called Workout Trainer lol sorry just realized the way I worded it made it seem like it was part of the other app.

Quoting ayacocca:

zumba-- perfect for core but most classes around here don't fit into my sched. I'm about to look up this app. Thanks!

Quoting Si21:

I've been using an app on my phone and I just started thia past couple weeks but slowly showin results. It's called daily workouts and u can pick areas and how long u exercise. Also workout trainer lets u customize. I hear zumba is a good workout too esp for ur core but i haven't tried it yet. Good luck! I hope ur middle is more cooperative than mine lol

joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I try to workout twice a day, 6 days a week. Most days I can. I'm technically still in recovery from a bad injury, but I'm back up to 4 days a week.
Frannylove12
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM

When i used to do what I call leg scissors, I lost about 10 lbs and my tummy got flatter. TGhis really worked for me, I have to pick it uo again. Wjhat you do is you lay flat on your back on your bed, or mat and lift your each leg up and down, do not let them touch the bed, thats cheating, keep them above the bed and keep lifting them up and down I did sets of 100 this works your abs. I hope i explained it well. =/ 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)