Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A kid's birthday party on Easter Sunday??*edited*

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM
  • 24 Replies

Our son came home today telling us he was invited to his friends(twins)birthday party on Sunday! What? This Sunday?? And we looked at the invitiation yup! I think thats the strangest thing ever! And our son is disappointed b/c we told him he may not go? We planned on BBQing and grandma was coming by!

I know when my oldest was younger his birthday sometimes fell on Memorial day weekend! And let me tell you,it was hard to get people to come! So I can only imagine in Easter Sunday? So is this the normal? Birthday parties on holidays?

*edited*I was just reading the back of the invitation and activity listed was Easter egg hunt! My son still can't make it do our own stuff! Oh well I hope those kids have a good bday?

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Most time people would do it the day or weekend before. My birthday is July 4th so sometimes to make sure I had more kids than adults at my party she would have the weekend before. It is strange to have a party and expect people to come on a holiday. That is usually the only time some family gets together.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol they weren't thinking...or maybe they were.... If you want a smaller party without disappointing the kid, set it on a day you KNOW everybody most likely will be doing something. Hmm...taking notes lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Maybe they don't celebrate Easter. So it didn't really occur to then. IDK. But this is exactly why I had my baby girls party last weekend. Her bday is actually today, but I have a lot of out of town family and friends who would not have made it, had I done it this weekend, to close too Easter.
CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I, personally, would not have my sons bday on such a day, even if it is his actual birthday (unless I planned on having two. One for family because chances are they would/will come more likely then a friend and the other on a different day for his friends)

you run the risk of people not showing up if you plan on a holiday.

This past wednesday we had a dinner at Red Robbin for my 3yr old, it was just family. But next month we are having a party at a kids gym.

CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

hmmm, that is true.lol didnt think of it this way. :-)

Note taken!

Quoting leaniece:

Lol they weren't thinking...or maybe they were.... If you want a smaller party without disappointing the kid, set it on a day you KNOW everybody most likely will be doing something. Hmm...taking notes lol.

mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
When my oldest turned 3, her birthday fell on Easter. We had a party on Easter. It's usually a handful of us anyway when we do parties, so it was no problem for them to join us.
waitin4u
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My parents through parties for me as a  kid on Easter weekend and yes some people had plans sometimes so I wouldn't suggestion anyone putting their kid through that.

HanaJoii
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM
My sister had a surprise baby shower for me on Easter, I was surprised at the turn out, there was people there then I inticipated. I planned a his and hers shower for the following weekend following weekend because I thought everyone would be busy on Easter. Byt I guess it depends on how well you know the people your inviting and the time of the function.
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM
LMAO right!

Quoting leaniece:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM
He's so cute!

Quoting CocolateLady:

I, personally, would not have my sons bday on such a day, even if it is his actual birthday (unless I planned on having two. One for family because chances are they would/will come more likely then a friend and the other on a different day for his friends)

you run the risk of people not showing up if you plan on a holiday.

This past wednesday we had a dinner at Red Robbin for my 3yr old, it was just family. But next month we are having a party at a kids gym.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)