Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

A kid's birthday party on Easter Sunday??*edited*

Posted by   + Show Post

Our son came home today telling us he was invited to his friends(twins)birthday party on Sunday! What? This Sunday?? And we looked at the invitiation yup! I think thats the strangest thing ever! And our son is disappointed b/c we told him he may not go? We planned on BBQing and grandma was coming by!

I know when my oldest was younger his birthday sometimes fell on Memorial day weekend! And let me tell you,it was hard to get people to come! So I can only imagine in Easter Sunday? So is this the normal? Birthday parties on holidays?

*edited*I was just reading the back of the invitation and activity listed was Easter egg hunt! My son still can't make it do our own stuff! Oh well I hope those kids have a good bday?

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Replies (21-24):
rayroe2
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:14 PM
You know they do that so they gotta get much food....

Quoting Hottmomma607:

IDK? We will be BBQing and ne here with our family&friends. Buy it kind threw me there for a minute! Most people Christian or not usually spends time with their loved ones.

Quoting Octobersmom:

I'd guess that the family isn't Christian so they didn't think of it being a holiday.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoyalBlossom
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Easter doesn't mean something to everyone. I bet you son feels like you don't want him to have any fun. Maybe their family gets together on a sunday and they decided to have a party also. I'm sitting at home bored, wish I had an Easter party to attend :(.

Mommy_Tate
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM

My niece's birthday is today. They did a party yesterday. I missed it unfortunately. But today my brother is at his in-laws for Easter festivities. That 5 year old is having the best b-day!

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Yeah, that's odd.  I've never planned my kids birthday parties when they were young on a holiday or long weekend.  Sometimes my oldest son's birthday falls on the Easter weekend and my youngest son's before the Civic holiday.  So I planned them the weekend before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN