Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

My boyfriend thinks Im pregnant

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 52 Replies
I got my tubes tide in 2011 so its no way in hell I can be pregnant you cannot get pregnant while your tubes are tide Im going to just take a pregnancy test to shut him up I don't have pregnancy symptons my stomach hurts but any women stomach can hurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:45 AM
8 moms liked this

You can get pregnant if your tubes are tied. It happens more often than you think...it really depends on what method your doctor used. If your tubes were just tied, it doesn't prevent ovulation, and and ovum is very small and can make its way down the fallopian tubes past the area where it was tied off and become fertilized if there are sperm present.

Is this the same idiot you were saying yesterday didn't want you, and you're still calling him your boyfriend? I don't even know what to say about that.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM
7 moms liked this

Aren't you only like 24/25? So in 2011 that would've made you only 22/23, why did you get your tubes tied so young? What state are you in, because I know from friends that there are a few that refuse to do that to someone so young unless it's a needed procedure. The thought is you may want more, or as one of my close friends was told when she begged her doctor at 21 to tie hers "you're young and may one day find the right man to make a family with".

Then I'm with Peaches, is this the same dude who told you he didn't want to take you out? He is not deserving of the endearing term boyfriend!  

waitin4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Umm I hate to break it to you but you can get pregnant with your tubes tide. This happened to my mother back in the 90's she had to have a d nc and the medical reference in tubal pregnancy. That's why now it's suggested to get them burnt off rather than to tie them .

TishHughes
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:59 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:14 AM
My doctor damn near refused to let me get mine tied and I was 28!

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Aren't you only like 24/25? So in 2011 that would've made you only 22/23, why did you get your tubes tied so young? What state are you in, because I know from friends that there are a few that refuse to do that to someone so young unless it's a needed procedure. The thought is you may want more, or as one of my close friends was told when she begged her doctor at 21 to tie hers "you're young and may one day find the right man to make a family with".

Then I'm with Peaches, is this the same dude who told you he didn't want to take you out? He is not deserving of the endearing term boyfriend!  

mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Girl why are we still talking about him? He didn't want you a few posts ago and now this. I just can't!! Oh and boo you can get pregnant when your tubes are tied.
jacandjay
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I had mine cut and burned at 24.

Quoting mom2kortni:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM
The only reason my doctor said yes to me was because I just had my 4TH child at 27.... Otherwise she would have said no.

Quoting mom2kortni:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

waitin4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I've heard that also some doctors will only tie your tubes when your a certian age or you've already had more than 2 kids.   

Quoting leaniece:

The only reason my doctor said yes to me was because I just had my 4TH child at 27.... Otherwise she would have said no.

Quoting mom2kortni:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I THINK it depends on the state. I know catholic hospitals won't do them and you usually have to have a certain number of kids if you are young.

Quoting waitin4u:

I've heard that also some doctors will only tie your tubes when your a certian age or you've already had more than 2 kids.   

Quoting leaniece:

Quoting mom2kortni:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN