Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural, epidural why why not

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 49 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you have...

Options:

natural childbirth

epidural

C-section

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

DId you have natural childbirth or did you get an epidural?  What made you decide on this plan?  If  you has a c-section why?.  I need to come up with a birthplan.  I always thought I would just take the drugs but now I'm confused.

Oh and what's crackalakin' negroes? LMAO

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Had an emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia (really high blood pressure) If I ever have another kid I was thinking about trying for a VBAC but Idk I think I'd rather do a c-section again.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL@ crackalackin' my negroes! Fa' shizzle my nizzle!

I went the natural route, a lot of people that I'd spoken too who had an epidural talked of back problems and how they could many many many years later still feel where the needle punctured them. I also wanted too be able to actively experience that moment in time. Now I'm quite sure the nurse who almost got hit with bed pan wished she could've knocked me out, but that's a different story!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Natural. Ain't nay notta needle going anywhere near my damn spine. Out of your mind.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Damn Buns! You were assaulting people? and how did you get a bed pan LOL

Quoting Bunsmommy:

I went the natural route, a lot of people that I'd spoken too who had an epidural talked of back problems and how they could many many many years later still feel where the needle punctured them. I also wanted too be able to actively experience that moment in time. Now I'm quite sure the nurse who almost got hit with bed pan wished she could've knocked me out, but that's a different story!

Delila12
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Epidural. I was in pain.
poppyseed77
by Pure Awesomeness on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Thats what my yoga instructor  said about actively experiencing the moment that got me thinking.  She said she had a client that had 2 epidurals but the 3rd one came too fast but that there was a big difference and she valued the experience. I dunno but I'm not trying to be a martyr....

Quoting Bunsmommy:

CafeMom Tickers
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
You know that moment where you have the urge to go; well, I told everybody "I've got to pee, let me up!" Old ass nurse telling me no I couldn't and talking about she'd bring me a bed pan. I told her my ass was to big for a little bed pan and that I needed to get to the toilet, she mumbled some shit and brought me a bed pan for a damn kid and as she walked away after just dropping it on the bed I called her an "old evil bitch" and threw it. My brother walked out at that moment talking about "I saw that coming!" I apologized to her and the other one after giving birth.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Damn Buns! You were assaulting people? and how did you get a bed pan LOL

Quoting Bunsmommy:

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I got the epidural with my first....I wasn't tryin to be nobody's hero, I had BEEN known from the time I realized I wanted kids that I would be getting the drugs! lol

I ended up needing an emergency C-section with her, and my other 2 were C-sections as well. My first two labors were hell, man.

Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I have one natural, second epidural and the last three were c- sections.. If I had to give birth again naturally, I would definitely go for the epidural. I don't see a reason of being in excruciating pain if I can do something about it.  I have never had a birth plan because things change and plans change as pregnancy progresses. There is no telling what can happen when you get to the birthing room, emergencies and so forth so I just went in to give birth each time hoping for the best not really sticking to any plan. Babies have minds of their own.my first c- section was done ar 37 weeks because of low fluid so any birth plan would have been out the window, I had to do what was best at that given time.

joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM
My plan was for a natural birth. Unfortunately I went into labor 2 months early and my baby boy was at risk, so I had an emergency c-section.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)