Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Poll

Question: Did you have...

Options:

natural childbirth

epidural

C-section

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

DId you have natural childbirth or did you get an epidural?  What made you decide on this plan?  If  you has a c-section why?.  I need to come up with a birthplan.  I always thought I would just take the drugs but now I'm confused.

Oh and what's crackalakin' negroes? LMAO

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Replies (41-49):
KeKeKan
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Natural the first time, the pain bad but over quick Hopefully this labor is quick too, im 30 weeks and want to do it natural again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tahjsmom06
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I got an epidural bcus I was afraid of all the pain.

4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I did natural birth. I had a epi with one of births. And i needed that. I was thanking everybody for drugs. Lol. Do your research hun.
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I was loaded up w/lots of drugs(csection). 

Amari06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM
With my oldest they gave me pitocin and the pain was unbearable. Plus I was only 17 and didn't truly understand what child birth was going to be like. It didn't take all to well and when it came time to push it wasn't working at all.

With my youngest I was about 6 cm when I got to the hospital and 7/8 when my doc arrived. The pain was manageable but I still insisted on an epi. Got it in and it worked a little to well. I couldn't feel anything but pressure.

I never came up with a birth plan because giving birth sometimes never works out the way you want it. I think I would be even more disappointed if I had a plan and things changed last min. Going in injust knew what I wanted if I was able to have it.

Just like I wanted my youngest on my chest after but she had a bowel movement while still inside so they took her straight over to the bed to suctioned.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I had an epidural with all three of my children.... I am not big on pain so yes it was in my birthing plan!!!!! Crazy as hell if I was going to push and contract without any pain medicine!!!!
mrsary
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Natural with all 3
poppyseed77
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Thanks everyone this has really been helpful.  I haven't made a decision yet but it seems if I do get an epidural, I will ask for it not to be too heavy...so I can feel stuff.  :-)  this has really been helpful

ladyrt0731
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I had an epidural with my first son, I knew I couldn't handle going natural, but I ended up having a C-Section because his heart rate started dropping with each contraction. My second son, it was a scheduled C-Section

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)