Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Are you willing to have a REAL dialog with me about this. I couldn't sleep.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 22 Replies
Last night I had my son listen to this on the radio. It was VERY difficult to relive things like this.

Teaching "at risk" youth is extrememly draining.

Anyway---it took me back and last night I couldn't even sleep. I want to help so much.

Are you willing to have like a group discussion after listening to the "this american life" audio document and discuss your thoughts?

I know we all like to discuss things that are fun BUT children are dying and this was the first REAL life look that others got to hear.

Are you willing to discuss?

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/487/harper-high-school-part-one

It is easier to BUILD strong children then to REPAIR broken men. Frederick Douglass.

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dana267
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/487/harper-high-school-part-one

Dana267
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM

If someone knows how to make the page visible please tell me how.

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I am listening to it now. Its kind of sad the part where the boy is like we have beef with this place and they are super close as far as streets go and its crazy because they bring it in school its everywhere.

LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Bump-I'm going to look this up when I get home

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I'm gettin ready to take my girls outside, but I will listen to this after dinner later, so I'm bumping.

(It's not gon' give me nightmares or anything, is it?)

Alyson121
by Aly in the Kitchen on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM

In order to fix the problem this WHOLE GLOBAL structure has to come down and change, starting with the evils of capitalism.  But who wants to give up their nice home, nice care and 6 figure salaries so that wealth can be evenly distributed to ALL? So that EVERYONE can TRULY be equal and have all the things they need to live a decent life? 

Dana267
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM

BUMP!

Dana267
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quoting Alyson121:

How did you make it clicky?

It is easier to BUILD strong children then to REPAIR broken men. Frederick Douglass.

rayroe2
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I am with peaches...its not going to give me nightmares? Lol I had some trouble with clicking things on cm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN