Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Are you willing to have a REAL dialog with me about this. I couldn't sleep.

Posted by   + Show Post
Last night I had my son listen to this on the radio. It was VERY difficult to relive things like this.

Teaching "at risk" youth is extrememly draining.

Anyway---it took me back and last night I couldn't even sleep. I want to help so much.

Are you willing to have like a group discussion after listening to the "this american life" audio document and discuss your thoughts?

I know we all like to discuss things that are fun BUT children are dying and this was the first REAL life look that others got to hear.

Are you willing to discuss?

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/487/harper-high-school-part-one

It is easier to BUILD strong children then to REPAIR broken men. Frederick Douglass.

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Replies (21-22):
0Kit0
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Come on y'all. You know if this were an hour long recording of something light and fun there would actually be a discussion. . Or something like India Arie bleaching her skin o.O
We can do better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dana267
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting 0Kit0:

Come on y'all. You know if this were an hour long recording of something light and fun there would actually be a discussion. . Or something like India Arie bleaching her skin o.O
We can do better!

That's always been the 1 thing about this group that was disappointing.
I really appreciate what you've said here. I'm going to respond when I'm at my computer--- when I've got a lot to say its easier from my computer.

It is easier to BUILD strong children then to REPAIR broken men. Frederick Douglass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN