Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Is it really that hard to find a good black man?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM
  • 80 Replies
If so - why?

It is easier to BUILD strong children then to REPAIR broken men. Frederick Douglass.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsVanqueOsg
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:21 AM
5 moms liked this

So is it hard for you? I've grown tired of these black post.

banging head into wall

misssy2000
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I think it must be. I recently was told that the average age for a Caucasian women to marry is 23, and for a AA woman is 34. I was shocked. I do notice more successful, beautiful, African women single then other races. In my own life experience I married young, so I didn't experience this, but I hear it all the time so I assume it must be.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think it is? But I haven't looked in a long time! But there are good men around black ones.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I never had a problem finding one when I was on the market lol. But I've been married for the past 5 years, and off the market for 6 years, so who knows what it's like now.
waitin4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:05 AM

My opinion has always been it's not that there aren't any good ones out there it's just the places that some choose to find them. Like picking a guy up at a club and calling it true love is highly doubtful vs church, gym or work even.

misssy2000
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Well  statistically their are more AA women to eligible  AA men, so based on the ratio of men to women, it is actually harder. However I know successful marriages that started in clubs, and in Church, and even on the Internet. I met dh at the ghetto-est mall in our city.

Quoting waitin4u:

My opinion has always been it's not that there aren't any good ones out there it's just the places that some choose to find them. Like picking a guy up at a club and calling it true love is highly doubtful vs church, gym or work even.

DVS
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't have that much trouble
ginene
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:28 AM
This

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I don't think it is? But I haven't looked in a long time! But there are good men around black ones.

Dana267
by Group Mod on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Then instead of banging your head on the door---walk through it and choose not to respond. It's an AA moms group -- some of us speak about things relative to that.

I've NEVER had a problem finding good AA men. But it seems some of the AA women in here speak of a shortage.

Quoting MsVanqueOsg:

So is it hard for you? I've grown tired of these black post.

banging head into wall

It is easier to BUILD strong children then to REPAIR broken men. Frederick Douglass.

Dana267
by Group Mod on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM
I was 19 outside a club when I met my husband. We didnt marry until 15 years later because we dated on and off and were young and stupid.

I WORKED AT A gym and it is by far the worst place to meet a person.

Quoting waitin4u:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)