Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Is it really that hard to find a good black man?

Posted by   + Show Post
If so - why?

It is easier to BUILD strong children then to REPAIR broken men. Frederick Douglass.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Replies (71-80):
Dana267
by Group Mod on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM

BUMP!

mom1T2Ldh
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM
No
Dana267
by Group Mod on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Quoting babyblue415:

Just because I don't like YOU doesn't mean I don't like white people or white women.
The question you posed is pointless just as trying to have a conversation with you.

Not wanting ww in a group entitled AA mommies is not me being bitter or racist. But again that's how low level thinking ww rationalize the things they do.

Your presence is unwanted by me, so the attitude you get from me is based in that reality. Impose your presence on the AA women in your real life.

Still waiting for derogatory pics of ww. Why not post those? None of those saved huh?

It is easier to BUILD strong children then to REPAIR broken men. Frederick Douglass.

babyblue415
by bubbles on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM

here is your white trash photo. even tho that wasn't your original question. see i make fun of all types of people becuase i'm on noone's side but my own.  i can give u negative photo on anyrace. but thats taking away from your oroginal question. but remember i have no issues with you. you got issues with me. 

Quoting Dana267:

Quoting babyblue415:

Just because I don't like YOU doesn't mean I don't like white people or white women.
The question you posed is pointless just as trying to have a conversation with you.

Not wanting ww in a group entitled AA mommies is not me being bitter or racist. But again that's how low level thinking ww rationalize the things they do.

Your presence is unwanted by me, so the attitude you get from me is based in that reality. Impose your presence on the AA women in your real life.

Still waiting for derogatory pics of ww. Why not post those? None of those saved huh?

mla157
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends, if you find a good black man isn't the only thing i worry about. Is he going to be a good husband or a good father,be a even better provider. Been with the same person for almost 5 years and we have a two year old and Lebron got a ring before i did. But he is an awesome father and loves his family and has good qualities you would in a husband. But it's not just black man and finding one that can treat you right, With most black women,we have our ish straight and even if we are close to reaching that level or working towards where we would be comfortable. We need a our man to be on the same level,sometimes thier either underqualified or think to much of themselves. My advice say a prayer and keep it moving,but i'm not waiting til my son hits kindergarden.

Tahjsmom06
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM

It depends. But it can be hard to find a good black man because they're usually taken. If you have one, hold on to him. Sometimes its not good to look anyway, a good man will come to you and you'll know if hes a keeper from how he approaches you.

There are good men out there, he could be in a different location as location is a factor too.

mz23
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Yes. More successful black women (finished school, have a career) compared to black men if you want to go by that. And thats a fact so... I suppose so.. Id say yes, but ive also dated my share of black losers. But theres some good ones out there. Not too many where i live though, i swear.
Amada
by Gina <3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I say no. Me and mine married at 23.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TishHughes
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Also, just because he's good to 1 woman doesn't mean he's good to another.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM

IDK why but this thread came to mind a few minutes ago.  It reminded me of the time when my mom split with my dad.  She went with some friends on a trip to Chicago and met a nice man there.  After talking about their life, family, etc... It turns out he was a cousin.  lol  Who would have thought the man you met who lives 4 hours away from you, would turn out to be related to you.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)