Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

What's your opinion on piercing babies ears?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM
  • 43 Replies

Got my daughter ears pierced over the weekend, even though my mother didn't want me to.. She's still angry about it, but I wanted to get them done while she's still young.. She think it makes babies look older and it should be their choice not the parents.. I think she's over reacting and should remember she's the Grandmother and not the Mother..

What's your take on piercing babies ears?

If you have a daughter, did you pierces her ears & when?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't think anything was wrong with it till CM! I say do what you want with your baby! Even as they get older every decision won't be on their own!
My DD got hers at 2mo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
waitin4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I never thought much about it either I always thought get it done while their young so they wouldn't remember the pain. When she gets older if she doesn't like it she just doens't have to wear earings.

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Your baby your decision, at least 2months old is fine in my book, and my pedis because they  wont mess with them.

Join Adorable Ladies Group, where women can have free uncensored conversations, and discussions minus the bashing and drama. 

www.cafemom.com/group/118542

Omokirk
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was 3days old. It was so easy and neat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Me as a mother make all the decisions for my children. So I made the decision to have all four of their ears pierced when they were a month old. They are now between 5 and 11 yrs old and they are very happy to be have their ears pierced. They love earrings. 

I hate it when people tell me not to make decisions for my kids.. They are minors, how are they supposed to make decisions on their own? As long as you are doing your parental duty of making decisions that you believe are right for you and your child, everyone else needs to butt out!

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I wanted to get my daughter's ears pierced while she was a baby, but her pediatrician never did get the equipment and years past, so I had asked my 6 year old if she wanted her ears pierced and she said, yes.  I've asked her, a couple of times, again, just to confirm that she wants to go through with it and she still said, yes.  So, she got her ears pierced, last month.

mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd's got their ears pierced at 2 and 3 months.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this
At a month dd got her ears pierced will I do the same thing with dd2 I am not sure but as their mom its my call
TishHughes
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't care. My DD got her's done at 3 months. Had I known I would have a tomboy on my hands, I wouldn't have gotten it done.

As far as that decsion, let them decide when they're older-it's a bonding experience bullcrap-eff that. Bonding over some stupid stuff like earrings is some little house on the prarie ish.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this

My oldest DD's ears were pierced when she was a baby. My 5 year old, I waited until she was 3 (not for any particular reason, I just kept forgetting to get them done when she was a baby), and my 3 year old has yet to have hers done (I want them done though). I personally could care less what other mothers think, they don't pay my bills or feed my household.

I think its individual, and up to you. Some of these CM people take the whole 'its the child's decision' thing too far. As long as a child is living under my roof, there's just some things....no, a whole LOT of things, they don't get to decide, and that's just how it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)