Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

What's your opinion on piercing babies ears?

Posted by   + Show Post

Got my daughter ears pierced over the weekend, even though my mother didn't want me to.. She's still angry about it, but I wanted to get them done while she's still young.. She think it makes babies look older and it should be their choice not the parents.. I think she's over reacting and should remember she's the Grandmother and not the Mother..

What's your take on piercing babies ears?

If you have a daughter, did you pierces her ears & when?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Replies (41-43):
Sweetie1216
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

My thought exactly!! Great answer, thanks dear.. :) 

Quoting poppyseed77:

Personally I think its the parents decision but my thing is this.  Don't like 90% of women have thier ears pierced?  So isn't it highy likely that the kid will eventually ask to have the ears pierced?  So what difference does it make if ifts done at 6 weeks or not

4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was four months old. She didnt touch her ears. Its your baby,your choice. Do you really think she will say hey mom, i wish u didnt pierce my ears. lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
poppyseed77
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Btw she is adorable!!!!

Quoting Sweetie1216:

My thought exactly!! Great answer, thanks dear.. :) 

Quoting poppyseed77:

Personally I think its the parents decision but my thing is this.  Don't like 90% of women have thier ears pierced?  So isn't it highy likely that the kid will eventually ask to have the ears pierced?  So what difference does it make if ifts done at 6 weeks or not

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)