Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From Hot to Not So Much?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 15 Replies

Many females when they become a parent, tend to switch up their wardrobe because "they are moms." They start throwing away the short shorts, and t-shirts that show more cleavage than it should and start dressing more toned down and conservative. Now some moms forget that they can be sexy, while some tend to still spice up their wardrobe with new colors and nice lip gloss or lipstick to make their look pop! So I have four questions for you.

1. Now that you are a mom, did you change your wardrobe?
  2. How drastic was the change? What did you give up?
  3. How would you describe your wardrobe now?
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyblue415
by bubbles on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM

mines didnt change. 

Tanaisha4
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM

can you describe your wardrobe? Are you more laid back or do you wear dressy clothes and heels?

mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine is changing but not because I'm a parent, it's because I'm older, more career minded, and needed to stop rocking my college gear of flip flops, jeans and tshirts all the time. I'm more business casual now, trying to stay away from flip flops, wearing and enjoying makeup, etc.

Tanaisha4
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I would say that being a parent has made me more conscious about my wardrobe because i feel as though i must represent my child in public by dressing presentable. i don't mean that i won't wear flip flops or anything, but I would dress it up by wearing a blouse, my high heel boots with a hand bag or wear jewelry. I don't do short short and revealing clothing though.

LNLMommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

1. I don't think my wardrobe changed too drastically. I was never one for shorts or low cut shirts in the beginning. I do find that my interest in where I shop has changed but I think that has more to do with age than anything. Age and weight

2. The only thing that I have given up are my club dresses..sadly they are buried in a corner closet. Mainly due to lack of time to go out and I can't squeeze my fat azz in them anymore

3. Boring! LOL...It is very soccer momish

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My everyday wardrobe changed drastically. I went from business attire/sky high heels(working) to jeans/ graphic t-shirt/comfortable shoes(sahm)..My style is casual/chic.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

1.I have not changed my wardrobe since becoming a mom, I have changed it a tad bit since getting married because my husband deemed a few of my outfits not fit for married women

2. It wasn't very drastic, just a few short skirts

3.My wardrobe now is mostly the same as before I became a wife and mom minus a few things. I'd call my style "Just Sexy Enough" lol. I wear alot of dark jeans, skinny and wide, leggings, V cut tops(not very low, usually just an inch or 2 of clevage), I do sheers and thin cotton, bright colors and black, fitted tops and empire waisted tops. Pencil skirts and sleek but classy dresses are what I usually wear to religoious things. My shoes of choice are heels, thong sandals and ballet flats which I discovered just a few years ago lol.

And I actually wear more makeup now than when I was single and childless because now I have someone I love looking at me all the time.

rayroe2
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Yeah this part My style also been casual chic....just a little but tighter lol now I don't feel the need for tight clothes.

Quoting inmybizz:

My everyday wardrobe changed drastically. I went from business attire/sky high heels(working) to jeans/ graphic t-shirt/comfortable shoes(sahm)..My style is casual/chic.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm casual and got rid of a lot of the cleavage shirts. I just don't feel comfortable in those clothes and many people kept thinking I was way younger. I like the respect of being a mom and dressing more appropriate. I wear jeans- not too tight... Camel toe lol. And I wear shirts that are casual. With spring here, I want to start wearing more dresses.
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I've been a mommy since 1992! My wardrobe changed with time! I don't believe in that I'm wife/mommy so lets forget about being a woman and sexy when I want to!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)