Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Many females when they become a parent, tend to switch up their wardrobe because "they are moms." They start throwing away the short shorts, and t-shirts that show more cleavage than it should and start dressing more toned down and conservative. Now some moms forget that they can be sexy, while some tend to still spice up their wardrobe with new colors and nice lip gloss or lipstick to make their look pop! So I have four questions for you.

1. Now that you are a mom, did you change your wardrobe?
  2. How drastic was the change? What did you give up?
  3. How would you describe your wardrobe now?
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (11-15):
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

1. I changed up my wardrobe because I got older, not because I have kids. The same thing that I wore at 18 ain't cute to be runnin around in 10 years later.

2. My change wasn't really all that drastic. I don't feel like you have to have a certain look because you became a parent. I've always had my own look anyways. I don't feel like I really 'gave up' anything.

3. My wardrobe has a lot of classic pieces, things I can mix and match for a look that doesn't necessarily follow trends. That way, I get the most bang for my buck, and am not stuck with something that was only hot for 2 seasons after it came out. My mom calls my look 'hipster chic'.

Mrs.Sparkle
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I changed a ton:/
Top pic I was pregnant with DD1 12 years ago
Bottom pic is last year
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My wardrobe only changed by size and as I get older, following having my kids I've gained over 100lbs, something I'm not proud of, but I'm working on that.  I've always been a blue jeans/t-shirt and flip-flops lady.  I don't dress "frumpy" or "prudish", but I'm not going to sport "booty shorts" and "exposed midriffs" either.  I only can rock mid to low heels and flats, I do love maxi dresses and shorts.  I'm more of a casual dresser, unless I'm going somewhere formal/professional.  I don't like makeup and the feel of makeup on my face, although I use to wear concealer and lipstick, back in the day.  My makeup is Chapstick and nail polish.  lol   My jewelry is my rings and earrings.  I have a lot of cute little watches, but my cell phone has been my watch.  And I make sure my hair and wigs are age appropriate and neatly coifed...I don't do the extreme color (pink hair, blue hair, etc).

Tanaisha4
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Amen to that. I was watching a new show on E! and the lady felt as though some outfits weren't appropriate because she was a new mom. That's how this question came to me and i'm enjoying all the answers.

Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My style didn't change much because my body stayed almost the same. I can get away with wearing almost anything I want. I wore sexy, casual- dressy and  dressy clothes before I had kids and I still do. I don't booty shorts or low cleavage, I have always kept it classy. Right now, I wear a lot of sheer tops and dresses, high low dresses and tops, I also like maxi dresses. I also love boots, and i like to keep up with what's hot for a particular season. i do ballet flats when am running around with the kids. I love to wear heels and wedges most of the time, even for a quick to the store.

i have noticed when some people have kids, their wardrobe goes downhll and is reduced to men's t shirts and sweatpants, even pajamas in the middle of the day. I have 5 kids 11 and under but I would never be caught dead looking frumpy. I believe you have to find time to take care of yourself and look good even with kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)