Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

would you for your man?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 20 Replies
Change your religion? Gossip mills are saying that Ms. Jackson if your nasty is converting to Islam for hers.Would this be an option for you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM
It depends which "religion" and the reason why. I don't think it's as easy changing religions as changing a t-shirt. To be fair, maybe she changed religions for herself. I really hope she didnt change JUST to marry her billionaire boyfriend! Great question though!😉
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Nope, not unless he was changing to Christian. Id stay married, but of course but this girl loves Jesus. We talked about this kinda stuff, before we got married.So thankful to a be blessed with a man that loves the Lord  just like me. :)

mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Nope, not an option.

Babujai
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Religion? No.  Denomination? Maybe.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM

My children's paternal grandmother was raised in a Catholic denomination, but she converted to Baptist.  I'm not sure how that works, though.  I didn't know you could do that. **shrugging**

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Wow.. catholic to Baptist.. quiet to loud.

Quoting mamadee1971:

My children's paternal grandmother was raised in a Catholic denomination, but she converted to Baptist.  I'm not sure how that works, though.  I didn't know you could do that. **shrugging**

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM
My husband converted after me but I don't think it was because of me. He learned about it and converted to Islam three months after me. If she does convert to Islam hopefully when she says her shahada its in her heart and she isn't doing it for him. Although media will speculate
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Yes.. media always does.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

My husband converted after me but I don't think it was because of me. He learned about it and converted to Islam three months after me. If she does convert to Islam hopefully when she says her shahada its in her heart and she isn't doing it for him. Although media will speculate

Beebella
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Mmm her man is FINE! I think if the person feels in their heart that its the right thing they should go with it.
Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I never thought about it. I switched denominations when I married because that was the norm and he loved his church. I hope she does what is best for her spiritual well being.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)