Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working momma....

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 18 Replies

how long after working for a company do ou expect a raise? Or whats the longest you've worked at the same pay rate...if u were paid a low hourly rate???

The reason I asked is bc i work for a lady that dont really treat her employees/subcontractors right..I hate it bc im the office manager which means i have to do all the payroll && deal with these girls face to face...alot of them are good girls & very good aides..they dont leave bc its alot of bs in this field & they know here they will def get paid...might be late but its coming...one girl just left she has been with this company since 08 & still making minimum wage...she asked where Ms Thomas (thats what we'll call her) was & i said at her store (she just opened a store last year) & the girl was like dang she is opening alot of businesses i wish we could at least get a lil quarter raise or something...but how she said it..it didnt sound nasty or nothing she kinda laughed it off...i have asked her about it but she swears she cant afford it...i know she is picking and choosing...paying different maybe bc this person raised some hell..im rambling into a different story what i really wanna know it how long is too before you start looking for a new job??  

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM
It depends... It could be up to the company, like a small business.
If someone has a contract, it would state how often they get a raise.
Sometimes people get annual raises, usually with larger companies.
It can depend on your performance or sales as well.
If it were me, and I didn't see a raise in five years... I'm throwing up the deuce baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM

yea i know all of that depends but its crazy bc they get evaluated every year...

Quoting leaniece:

If it were me, and I didn't see a raise in five years... I'm throwing up the deuce baby.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Usually if you get evaluated each year, you get some kind of raise. What's the point in the evaluation lol. It sounds like your boss just don't want to pay her loyal employees.

Quoting TrulyMicka:

yea i know all of that depends but its crazy bc they get evaluated every year...

Quoting leaniece:

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

thats my whole point...she even puts in their pay late...it doesnt make any since for these ladies to work as hard as they do & has to struggle to get their $$$ having to make payment arrangments is costing them extra fees..its a shae & she wonders why she have alot of shit going on but u cant get nowhere treating ppl bad

Quoting leaniece:

Usually if you get evaluated each year, you get some kind of raise. What's the point in the evaluation lol. It sounds like your boss just don't want to pay her loyal employees.

Quoting TrulyMicka:

Quoting leaniece:

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I get an annual raise. I would start looking for another job if I was you.
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Wow, incurring fees because the boss is lazy or late with the check is ridiculous. Sadly, I've witness that happened to my friends. Doing business like that could resort to no longer having a business. She doesn't do that to you right?

Quoting TrulyMicka:

thats my whole point...she even puts in their pay late...it doesnt make any since for these ladies to work as hard as they do & has to struggle to get their $$$ having to make payment arrangments is costing them extra fees..its a shae & she wonders why she have alot of shit going on but u cant get nowhere treating ppl bad

Quoting leaniece:

Quoting TrulyMicka:

Quoting leaniece:

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

lol not me...we already went through this...i worked for her then we had a falling out..i left for like a year & 2 months...she asked me back but we discussed my pay & everything before i started...but its the aides im talking about...she got the office staff striaght....well me & the assistant but her new office staff has been having payroll problems

Quoting diaperstodating:

I get an annual raise. I would start looking for another job if I was you.

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

no not this time around...she waited til 5 to pay we about two weeks ago..&& it get off at 2!!! im like damn why wait u still gone have to pay reguardless...it doesnt make sense to be that tight!! girl ive been outta ink since last friday...dont make me any difference tho...ill get paid to sit here & chat with you guys:)) i use to go home so stress...not anymore:))

Quoting leaniece:

Wow, incurring fees because the boss is lazy or late with the check is ridiculous. Sadly, I've witness that happened to my friends. Doing business like that could resort to no longer having a business. She doesn't do that to you right?

Quoting TrulyMicka:

Quoting leaniece:

Quoting TrulyMicka:

Quoting leaniece:

SiriSilasMom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM

How long have you been with this company?  Private companies are different from gov't. I'm a civil servant so we have contract negotiations every 2 yrs I believe. We also have "longevity" increases and so forth.

But I'd ask for a performance eval and take it from there. But if this one person was there since 08 and she hasn't had a pay increase, chances are you won't either. I'd start looking. 

waitin4u
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Honestly the few different places I've worked once your yearly review was up a raise was expected. I just always assumed that was customary but it's not. Like in certain fields of business a raise comes in your case when ever the boss man/woman feels it to be necessary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)