Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW AM I SELFISH BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANY MORE KIDS

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 22 Replies
Im 23 years old I got my tubes tied at 22 I didn't want any more kids after I had my now 4 year old daughter.I struggle having her I didn't know what to do but I got threw it. I thought the man I fell in love was go be thier now its 4 years later he still haven't done anything for her. I can buy clothes for one and its not so expensive I didn't want to bring another child into the world that I know I couldn't take care of I love having
one child I give her the things she needs not want its very easy having one my family members think Im selfish for getting my tubes tied young. I had a lot plan for my future when I got pregnant at 19 I put everything on hold to become the mother I was destined to be and god is blessing me everyday with this one beautiful blessing I so adore I hurt knowing she will always be by herself in the world but god will guide her .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VADIVA23
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Mobile Photo

THE LOVE OF MY LIFE !!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Don't feel bad. What's done is done. Sorry, but your family member wouldn't have to feed , clothe, and put a roof over the second child's head, if you were to have another. I know plenty of happy "only child" families. Your daughter will have relatives or little cousins to play with right? She will also make friends. It's financially hard, for some, to raise a family with multiple kids. If I were you, I wouldn't beat myself about that. Just focus on how to make you little girl happy and make sure she is in a loving, stable home.😄
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
She's adorable by the way.😊

Quoting VADIVA23:

Mobile Photo

THE LOVE OF MY LIFE !!!

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM

you did what u felt was best for you...which could seem a little drastic for others looking in bc u were so young & only have one child...birth control woulda been the first option they have some that lasts up to 5 years...some stuff is personal & when u are dealing with ppl that lie to judge then u have to learn to keep somethings to yourself...thats why u gotta get out & get your own..&&i know its not easy but its necessary if u ever want change

Amari06
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Not selfish at all I think it's smart and what works best for you and your situation. There is always adoption or getting the surgery to reverse the procedure not to say it is guaranteed to work. I am rethinking having another and may just be done with having kids. I have two and we can give them.everything tjey want and need plus more.

mrsary
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
It was what's best. You made the right decision for YOU!
SiriSilasMom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Who said you were selfish?

VADIVA23
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM
My aunts have made those comments based on the fact my sister is having her third baby in December. she married a man I was dating . I didnt sweat it he is in the military and she is a so called lpn they never have nice things to say about me anyway but this was a real low blow I love being a mom but Im not bringing a extra mouth in the world I can't feed.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

Who said you were selfish?

VADIVA23
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
THANK YOU!!!

Quoting leaniece:

She's adorable by the way.😊

Quoting VADIVA23:

Mobile Photo

THE LOVE OF MY LIFE !!!

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I only have one and really have no desire for another child, EVER
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)