Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black actors in drag? (VIDEO)

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

What do you think?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

It's interesting! But I don't agree 100% that these comedians are getting emasculate doing female characters! Not all black comedians do it or has done it! And have been very successful in not putting on  a dress! They have a choice not to do these characters! It's most instance I thought it was the comedians themselves who created these characters??

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:45 AM
It doesn't bother me at all because drag is about entertainment. I have attended drag shows and big events and when the show is over the makeup comes off and back to there personal lives. White comedians have done it and there is no problem there. I feel like if it gets you the laugh and the money that you write the jokes for. In the end people will always have something to say when it comes to a black entertainer doing anything that goes against the grain
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Its called ACTING!!!!!! period.

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I meant to add, how some people say that actors who play "gay" roles means they are gay. Its phrased as "They play that gay role too good"! I never hear they gay community talking about how gay actors play straight too good! Duh they actors. I think sometimes our black people look for the negative when there isn't any!

Quoting Stacey1081975:

Its called ACTING!!!!!! period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)