Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Black people don't tip!! REALLY??

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 93 Replies
4 moms liked this
Not sure if anyone seen that post going around Mom Confessions (It probably went poof because it was getting out of hand), Someone made a post asking "Why black people don't tip" I'm so sick of those stupid seterotypes.. Sometimes I feel like I over tip, I never leave a resturant or hair salon without tipping.. One poster pissed me off saying "Black people don't tip because they can't tip with foodstamps" .. Seriously, like we're the only ones that get PA.. That post pissed me off, of course I'm black and I get really offended when people put us down like that.. That MC group is a joke and full of racists that why they all post anonymously.. What seterotype do you hate?
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rayroe2
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate that too...I hate tipping at reasturants tho because the food with tax is so expensive... so we don't go out to eat but you should always tip at least 10%
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this

We tip, but I don't agree with the practice. We just do it because its socially acceptable, but honestly it makes no sense to me. Why cant I choose who I want to tip, and when. *smh* Post where folks act entitled to a tip, really irritates me. I tip my eyebrow lady, she does a great job so I tip her because I want to, but now days tipping is basically mandatory. We usually do 10% or more if the service is really great, also if my kids are really messy(food in the floor) I tip more.

Bradya
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg really that just pissed me off hearing that
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM
3 moms liked this
There was a question on the radio that someone asked yesterday: "why does everyone tip the waiter...all they do is bring the food eight feet to your table while the chef is slaving away in the hot kitchen making the food. Shouldn't the chef get tipped as well?" Lol I thought good point but where do you draw the line with tipping.
We tip. But we do not eat out very much. Stay far far awwaaaay from MC, also known as the little padded room. They like to press buttons to get other upset...it's their MO (mode of operation)
Slickswifey10
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:16 PM
5 moms liked this
Wow. I didn't see the post but I agree that there are a lot of racists on here.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Well the server gets tipped but if you get a drink from the bar she/he also has to tip the bartender.The cooks get paid hourly while some waiters get paid 2.75 and depend mostly on tips for their income. I have worked doing food service and hated it with a passion. Since I have been there before so I tip more then the fifteen percent because I know what its like to be on that side. On the MC group honestly if Cafe mom cared about what people thought of their site they would get rid of it because it shows the most messed up kinds of people.
mylife2013
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I top only when services rendered met expectations. That's for when eating at a restaurant. Now when I go to get my hair combed, oh I tip. I'm black and I SUPPORT BLACK OWNED BUSINESSES! Just know that the white mans time is up and he's pissed!
Sweetie1216
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Great point!! & I bet the ones in the hot kitchen barely makes min wages.. Shame, they do deserve the tips!! I went into MC for 10 mins and crazy posts are everywhere, someone needs to be watching over that group thats full of bullies..
Quoting leaniece:

There was a question on the radio that someone asked yesterday: "why does everyone tip the waiter...all they do is bring the food eight feet to your table while the chef is slaving away in the hot kitchen making the food. Shouldn't the chef get tipped as well?" Lol I thought good point but where do you draw the line with tipping.
We tip. But we do not eat out very much. Stay far far awwaaaay from MC, also known as the little padded room. They like to press buttons to get other upset...it's their MO (mode of operation)

4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Blacks tip. But most dont want to. The waitress is making $2.15/hr. The chef is making way more. The waitress knows the food inside and out just like the cook. We do the sidework while the cooks go home. We clean where the guests eat before,during and after hours. While the cooks wrap their knives up and go home. I mean ive been there so i understand. My motto is:bad service equals bad tip. As far as the food stamp topic. I am tired of stupid mfr saying we are the only one's on it.
rayroe2
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM
If they got rid of it we couldn't talk about it lol I feel like it shows the people we see daily

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Well the server gets tipped but if you get a drink from the bar she/he also has to tip the bartender.The cooks get paid hourly while some waiters get paid 2.75 and depend mostly on tips for their income. I have worked doing food service and hated it with a passion. Since I have been there before so I tip more then the fifteen percent because I know what its like to be on that side. On the MC group honestly if Cafe mom cared about what people thought of their site they would get rid of it because it shows the most messed up kinds of people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)