Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Have you ever trusted...

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 49 Replies
10 moms liked this

God to provide for you? How did it work for you? I have newly started praying about everything! Seriouly parking spots to unsaved loved ones you name it. I pray for God to meet our needs, and to give us favor and I am still amazed every-time he does. Before I prayed about big things, but since I have started reading the word, daily, and praying multiple times a day I have been watching God bless up over and over again.

We went from sporadic tithing, to tithing 10% all the time, i addition to giving more than we ever have.  And the blessings just dont stop and its all the time. The kids need new clothes, I get a call from a friend who's son has outgrown his stuff and she wants to give them to me, I wanted to buy a groupon for the zoo for the summer and saw a great deal, but we are saving so I didn't, we go to hang out today and Friends of ours won tickets at a party, and give them to us.  Someone gave us a washer and dryer right when the spinner on ours started going out. I love professional pics and a friend of ours posted she needed to build a portfolio and wanted to take free shots for us, just because!This stuff happens all the time, and I am amazed by it. I am amazed by how well God provides for us. Has anyone else ever done this? Apparantly this happens all the time and I love to hear some of the ways he provides for his children. :)

Phillipians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SheciaBaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I do it every month. I'm.a waitress... My income is always unknown ... My SO has an amazing job but before he gives up money I try to play Russian roulette and let God handle it. There's been times before he had this job where we had nothing..and the light bill was due.. And out of nowhere I'd get a check
Before he got a check a few weeks ago we didn't have money for my car note. I checked my account and bam there was 600$ .. God does it .. All the time
He blessed me over and over
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Not with just $ but with everything. I am always getting myself in some type of trouble and the outcomes are always God. I still pay the consequences for my actions but then something good pops up out of the situations.
ginene
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes sometimes I rely 100% on faith, sometimes I use free will decisions but I always Thank God daily.
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:39 AM
7 moms liked this

I was pregnant with my daughter and I didn't/couldn't afford any more children so I talked to him and he said the answer will come to me. I went to get an abortion so you have to have a sonogram before you can have one so I was laying on the table waiting and the nurse came in the room and I asked her to turn the sound down so I couldn't hear..she said no problem the speaker on this machine is broke so you can't hear anything anyway but as she was performing the sonogram all of a sudden I heard her heart beat and I got up and left....Best thing i ever did was leave...

babyblue415
by bubbles on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, all the time.

RoyalBlossom
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

If I am honest. I only do the default prayer before bed. I don't really pray anymore. However, I have noticed that when I think about something or say it lately it has happened, which is really weird. My beliefs waiver and I don't know what to believe in from time to time.

honey27
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I will always trust in the lord and he has always provided for me and my family.
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM

So nice to read all this. Its been quite a relief for me to have put everything in Gods hands. :)

misssy2000
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Isn't God amazing???  We do this also. WE completely trust God to work it all out. So many times people bless up with something and I am just shocked and its not random stuff that we didn't even need but things I really want. Most times I don't even get to pray about specifics, and he blesses me with exactly what I wanted.

Quoting SheciaBaby:

I do it every month. I'm.a waitress... My income is always unknown ... My SO has an amazing job but before he gives up money I try to play Russian roulette and let God handle it. There's been times before he had this job where we had nothing..and the light bill was due.. And out of nowhere I'd get a check
Before he got a check a few weeks ago we didn't have money for my car note. I checked my account and bam there was 600$ .. God does it .. All the time
He blessed me over and over

misssy2000
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Oh wow! That is so amazeing! Have you ever seen Nick Cannons video can I live? It reminds me of that.

Quoting Stacey1081975:

I was pregnant with my daughter and I didn't/couldn't afford any more children so I talked to him and he said the answer will come to me. I went to get an abortion so you have to have a sonogram before you can have one so I was laying on the table waiting and the nurse came in the room and I asked her to turn the sound down so I couldn't hear..she said no problem the speaker on this machine is broke so you can't hear anything anyway but as she was performing the sonogram all of a sudden I heard her heart beat and I got up and left....Best thing i ever did was leave...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)