Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Omg!! Natural!!!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm going natural and it is getting a bit annoying now. I'm not used to my hair being sooo thick and not being able to comb through if like I usually do. Not only that but I have some shrinkage and I don't like it. My hair looks shorter, especially in the back, than it actually is. Deep conditioners, honey treatment and hot oil treatments help tame the hair but goddamn!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol! Throw the combs out. And hang in there :-)
bruyere123
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Lol! I was so tempted to relax my hair last night lol

Quoting moosesmom:

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Don't do it! It's temping I know. My mom talked me out of it several times. Lol. "Give it a chance girl!" The good news is that it gets better, I promise.

Quoting bruyere123:

Lol! I was so tempted to relax my hair last night lol

Quoting moosesmom:

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I am doing the same thing but i still wear wigs and tracks until it get the point that a can work with it!

RoyalBlossom
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I know what you mean. I want to perm it so bad, but I like the thickness just not the amount of work it takes to keep it up. No matter how much oil and water I add it still looks hungry.

RoyalBlossom
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM

That's what I want to do. I want it to be longer before I am comfortable wearing it out. I am always on youtube but all the women have shorter hair than I do and it never seems as if anyone has my texture. I have braids right now. But I really want to wear my own hair, but my honey prefers the relaxed look.

Quoting Stacey1081975:

I am doing the same thing but i still wear wigs and tracks until it get the point that a can work with it!

People always want something from you when you make it to the top, yet when you were at the bottom they were nowhere to be found.

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM

LOL...i relapsed about 3 months ago!!! hang in there

Babujai
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Quoting bruyere123:

I'm going natural and it is getting a bit annoying now. I'm not used to my hair being sooo thick and not being able to comb through if like I usually do. Not only that but I have some shrinkage and I don't like it. My hair looks shorter, especially in the back, than it actually is. Deep conditioners, honey treatment and hot oil treatments help tame the hair but goddamn!

Transitioning can be challenging, but one thing that will make it easier is to look at your hair differently.  You won't be able to do the things you used to do.  Why are you going natural, if you don't mind me asking?

mrscass0416
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM

It's not easy at first but as time goes on it gets better. I just big chopped Saturday after 11 months of transitioning and let me tell you, I was on my way to the store to buy a relaxer every month. But I love that I never did it. 

krisdev67
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I "transitioned" for 1 year and because it was soooo difficult with the two different hair textures I did the BC and cut it all off to about 1-1 1/2 inches all over and started all over again.  Once I did that and really combed through it I've not had too many problems with combing it.  I typically make sure it's moisturized OR use water on it when I comb it out.  GL  Also, look on Youtube for some great tutorials.  I've  not had a realxer since Nov 2009.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)