Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Spin Off to "Beat that A**" Post

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 27 Replies

I'm in a private group on FB and yesterday a woman shared an incident with her 4 years old daughter and a 6 years old neighbor boy. Her daughter was outside playing alone and she heard the boy call her daughter a bitch, she gets to the door and sees the boy pulling on her while calling her the word again. She goes over gets her daughter has some words with the boy asks him where his mom is, he says she's at the store she tells him that when his mom comes back to bring her to her apartment. Turns to leave he calls her fat and something else while saying he has no intention on telling his mom. This woman who admittedly doesn't know or have any kind of relationship with his mother decides to take off her belt and beat this child! When people asked was she going to talk to the mother she was talkingg about "what I need to talk to her for, I handled him!" Others were commending her and applauding her for straightening this wayward kid out. I was like "praise God it wasn't mine because I'd be at the county facility getting fitted for an orange jumpsuit!"

Now, I must admit I can't stand a disrespectful child, oh goodness that just singes the fine hair on the crack of my hind quarters. However, I have serious problems with a beat a kid down avenger feeling like it's her right to administer justice, yet in my opinion was scared to address the mother. Others were like "that's how it used to be, the neighborhood would beat your ass" I'm curious to know what the hell kind of neighborhood did theses people grow up in, because my mommy didn't tolerate her children being used as target practice for the block. If there was a problem you take it to her and then she fixed it. So, I want to know if you were the mom of the little girl how would you have handled the situation, and as the boy's mom how would you deal with a virtual stranger beating your child?  

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bronze_1
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have a serious problem with a stranger putting their hands on my baby.
Her family dealing with her is a different story but some random person no indeed! What she needs to do us pull the kids apart and let md know. My dd knows I don't play her acting crazy, especially with strangers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nickels224
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

First off the mom of the son is obviously a bad mom anyways. Who leaves their 6 year old outside to go to the store. So, she obviously doesn't care what happens to her son. Now if there were my daughter no one would talk to her like that. First off I do not allow my kids to play with disrespectful children. I would never lay my hands on anyone elses child but all around both adults were wrong and I would never put myself or my children in a situation like that. I absolutely can not stand parents that do not watch their children when they are playing with other children. They can be rude, bossy, disrespectful, or even hit and thats where I have a problem.

mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM
3 moms liked this

I would have had a stern talking to about rude, disrespecting, mouthy behavior with the little boy. I wouldn't have beat him. I would also instruct both of them not to play together again. I would have still waited to talk to mom, dad, auntie, cousin, sister, brother, whoever of the lil boy about his rude behavior, while explaining to my daughter that his behavior is not and will not be tolerated under my roof.

Now had somebody beat mine because of his mouth, and yes mine has a slick mouth but not to the extent of cursing, then me and mom's would have gotten it down outside in the parking lot. I might take my belt off and beat her like she beat my child.

LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I wouldn't have beat the little boy but as soon as his mom pulled in, she and I would have been having a serious talk

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM

At this day in age I would have a problem with it! I have a friend but some years ago her sister&her got into an arguement b/c she spanked her niece while she was at her house! And my kids had sleep overs she said up front hey you know I spank butt! I was like uh ok! I know my kids are always good outside the home! Always!

poppyseed77
by Pure Awesomeness on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM

oh heeeeellll nah.  She had no right to beat the child especially with a belt esp since she doesn't even know the mom, so she's not like a surrogate mom.  I would have given him a very dirty look.  May have held him tight as I barked in his face....but no you cannot beat a strangers child.  That crosses the line imo

CafeMom Tickers
poppyseed77
by Pure Awesomeness on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

yep, co-sign

Quoting mspecan_tan:

I would have had a stern talking to about rude, disrespecting, mouthy behavior with the little boy. I wouldn't have beat him. I would also instruct both of them not to play together again. I would have still waited to talk to mom, dad, auntie, cousin, sister, brother, whoever of the lil boy about his rude behavior, while explaining to my daughter that his behavior is not and will not be tolerated under my roof.

Now had somebody beat mine because of his mouth, and yes mine has a slick mouth but not to the extent of cursing, then me and mom's would have gotten it down outside in the parking lot. I might take my belt off and beat her like she beat my child.

CafeMom Tickers
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Plain and simple you put on a hand on mine, just g'on have some money set aside for my books. First of all how is the woman in all this feel vindicated enough to whooop a child who wasn't hers, who yes needed their ass beat every which way possible but can't buck up to the parent? Yea that's some bitchassness right there and damn that back in the day stuff, cuz the days of big momma an nem are long gone.
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very strict with my son, but I must admit he's a kid and if he thinks I'm not around and can't actually see him or if he thinks someone will let him get away with something he'll try you. He won't get ridiculous but he'll try you so for close friends and family I'm always like "do him like he's yours!" except with my brother because that's just no discipline at all! A total stranger though, neighbor or not I'd catch me a case of assault with intent! Reading it, it seemed like she had serious issues with the way the woman is choosing to raise or not raise her children. In this day though, I'd be more concerned about the little ass coming back to do something because kids these days are ruthless!

I was just pissed at all the people cheering her on, like she was a crusader for right and justice. At six his behavior can be attributed to his mother, go whoop her ass was my thought!  

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Lol @ the neighborhood would use my kid as target practice! I was thinking the same, when I read reponses in other posts talking about "that's how it is in my neighborhood" I was like okay...😳, child abuse? It would have to be self defense or the life of my child is in danger before I beat on anyone's kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)