Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Would you let a doctor or nurse put your kids to sleep

Posted by   + Show Post
I took my 4 year old to the dentist yesterday she has 3 cavitys she brushing her teeth 3 times a day she only drinks water and milk and apple juice. I don't know what my mom gives her when Im not around to fix the problem they will need to put my baby to sleep and Im not with that because 2 years ago this same office my daughter's usual dentist refer us to the nurses gave the little boy to much gas and he died that's A hell naw moment it's something esle they can do without putting my baby to sleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Replies (21-30):
diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My four year old had dental surgery at our local hospital last Spring. He was put to sleep and our pediatric dentist did the surgery.

diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sure it happens everyday, that's what pediatric dentists are for. Two of my boys had dental surgery.

Quoting hopealways4019:

All my kids , guess shame on me. Been put to sleep during dental procedure. Now i wont personally let myself be put to sleep, during a dental procedure. Im a chicken.

rayroe2
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Novacaine shots or viking den
rayroe2
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I love you Stacey! I do the samething

Quoting Stacey1081975:

Girl I was half sleep and I put two post together ...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

That's random

Quoting Stacey1081975:

This the best stuff I've ever used on my and my children. It a little exspensive but it's totally worth it!

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Luv you too Ray ....I had just got to work at about 6am and I was still sleep!!! LMAO

Quoting rayroe2:

I love you Stacey! I do the samething

Quoting Stacey1081975:

Girl I was half sleep and I put two post together ...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

That's random

Quoting Stacey1081975:

This the best stuff I've ever used on my and my children. It a little exspensive but it's totally worth it!

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Yeah, Bun had a tooth pulled because the one behind it didn't have space and all they did was give him something to numb the pain he talked the entire time!

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

Agreed. My son had teeth pulled and wasn't put under. 

Quoting .Peaches.:

I've never heard of wanting to put a 2 year old under for dental work. Find another dentist.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Oh yeah, apple juice is full of sugar!
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
That's still too young. Anesthitizing patients is serious business in adults, and even more so in children.

As a nursing student, ain't no way....

Quoting Avitar:

She said her child is 4 years of age.

Quoting .Peaches.:

I've never heard of wanting to put a 2 year old under for dental work. Find another dentist.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Agreed. I have always cut my children's juice with water. Even now that they're older, I still do it.

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Oh yeah, apple juice is full of sugar!
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Molars sealed, cavities filled and didn't even get gassed. They were in his mouth a good 45 minutes and he's like me, he doesn't like the dentist.
The ONLY way I'm allowing any dentist to put my child under is you need to explain to me why its medically necessary, I'm doing my own research, and I may call and get a second opinion. I'm the worst when it comes to him, then I gotta be right there.
I never left his side with everything I explained, and that was yesterday. Lol

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

Agreed. My son had teeth pulled and wasn't put under. 

Quoting .Peaches.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN