Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any encouraging words?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
These past couple weeks have been a stressful mess... from finances to family acting some kinda way, to my children all of a sudden having no home training at times, to work drama--- I feel as if Im about to burst into pieces at any given moment.. my meditation/prayer time doesn't seem as effective. i know that someone else has been here--help a sista out!
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Relax Relate Release!!!!!! Everything you are going through are issues 90% of the mothers here is or have been through.. I know and understand it but remember GOD only gives you what he knows you can handle... Take a step back and look at everything and Wooosaaa!!!!!!! Also drop the children off at my house and go to dinner &a movie, or just take a long soothing bath with candles and a good book. Remember Auntie Stacey got the children and they are fine.....LMAO!!!

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
:-):-) thanks girl.. i booked myself a cruise yesterday. i got to get away!! but thanks really
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM

With me, there are always 3-5 things going on at the SAME doggone time. I don't know if I can offer any words of encouragement, but just know that you're not the only one who wants to stick your head in hole and stay there.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes you just have to accept that you can't do everything and you can't be everybody. A lot of people perceive it as a weakness when they get to the point where they have to say "I need a break" but there's nothing wrong with saying I NEED A BREAK!
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Its funny... bc whenever I say that my dear loving mother always replies" no you don't"

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Sometimes you just have to accept that you can't do everything and you can't be everybody. A lot of people perceive it as a weakness when they get to the point where they have to say "I need a break" but there's nothing wrong with saying I NEED A BREAK!

poppyseed77
by Pure Awesomeness on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Everything will be fine.

" Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" Matthew 6:34

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

This too shall pass. Hope it passes sooner rather than later. 

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM

The serentity prayer works for me at times too.

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes... what I need

Quoting poppyseed77:

Everything will be fine.

" Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" Matthew 6:34

Amomslyfe
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

You are a strong black woman of God! You got this. Take a step back and try to clear your head. When your prayer time doesn't feel effective your head and heart are not aligned. When it gets too bad I lock myself in the bathroom and play Smokie Norful midway thru the cd I'm good :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)