Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I am sooooo sick and tired of the people that are drug addicts and homeless so they use inpatient psychiatric hospitals as free room and board.  I'm sick and tired of them coming to the ER CLAMING to be suicidal but the real issue is that they're homeless and don't have anywhere else to go.  So they use psychiatric hospitals to get free food, bed, bathroom etc.  Ugh, what happened to the war on drugs????

Someone please tell me how in the hell I can place you in a IP hospital on a Tuesday evening (after 10pm) when you get there...and the stay is typically 3 days and you show up back at MY hospital today (Saturday) stating that you're suicidal but you just left another hosptal 1.5 hours away the day before???  Ugh, I'm SOOOOO irritated.  When will people get it.  If you're an addict more than likely you won't have a place to stay, if you don't have a job, you won't have money to take care of yourself.  Yet you take beds away from those that are truly suicidal and have behavioral health issues.  I'm irritated.  I have this man here in the waiting area that just got home sometime yesterday from an inpatient hospitalization.  I'll bet my last damn dollar that he didn't even participate and they probably kicked him out early.  I'm irked.

Ok, vent over....

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Replies (11-13):
poppyseed77
by Pure Awesomeness on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM
*side bar* you don't think marijuana is addictive?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

To this day it still amazes me that my doctor, who was there for my BIRTH tried to convince me to take opiate medication as a MOTHER with a YOUNG CHILD for my orthopedic problems rather than just sign off on a medical marijuana card.
I got one somewhere else, and I'm very happy with it over the pills... Addiction scares me :x

Quoting krisdev67:

lmbo, the problem is that if the US truly wanted to end the "war" on drugs they could.  They've chosen not to because too many pockets are getting greased.  Even doctors setting up practices and basically "giving" out pain pills.  I've seen a few people come in because their provider has gotten shut down or sanctioned in regards to what service they can provide.  It's just a shame.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Here's wishing the mental health care in this country wasn't so screwed.

THANKS, REAGAN. YOU ASS!

OwlNuggets
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Maybe for some? Not physically, at least. Maybe emotionally? Mentally?
I've never had any physical, mental, or emotional problems when I have to stop for various reasons. 
This included the conception of our child and our twice-yearly vacations to other parts of the country where their laws are different. 

Quoting poppyseed77:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

To this day it still amazes me that my doctor, who was there for my BIRTH tried to convince me to take opiate medication as a MOTHER with a YOUNG CHILD for my orthopedic problems rather than just sign off on a medical marijuana card.
I got one somewhere else, and I'm very happy with it over the pills... Addiction scares me :x

Quoting krisdev67:

lmbo, the problem is that if the US truly wanted to end the "war" on drugs they could.  They've chosen not to because too many pockets are getting greased.  Even doctors setting up practices and basically "giving" out pain pills.  I've seen a few people come in because their provider has gotten shut down or sanctioned in regards to what service they can provide.  It's just a shame.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

THANKS, REAGAN. YOU ASS!

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
poppyseed77
by Pure Awesomeness on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Okay, so you can see why a doctor would hesitate to prescribe marijuana for something that's usually treated with high dose NSAIDS, ibuprofen, naproxen etc. Your doctor did what most doctors would have done.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Maybe for some? Not physically, at least. Maybe emotionally? Mentally?
I've never had any physical, mental, or emotional problems when I have to stop for various reasons. 
This included the conception of our child and our twice-yearly vacations to other parts of the country where their laws are different. 

Quoting poppyseed77:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Quoting krisdev67:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

THANKS, REAGAN. YOU ASS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)